Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
Vendor

Talking Performance Exhaust and Header for Boxster

Hello 986forum.com Members,

My name is Che, I'm a New member in this forum. I'm Looking for a Member that is willing to try out the Boxster Exhaust and Header for FREE, in return that particular Member needs to Provide Baseline and After Dyno Result on this Forum along with Review write up. I will collect $1,000.00 Deposit for the Exhaust System + Header, Once that member provide all above requirment the Full Deposit will be Return immediately.

Dyno Result Requirment:
Stock Baseline -> Header Installed Dyno Result -> Exhaust + Header Installed Dyno Result

Eligible Criteria: (One Member Only)
The Boxster I'm Looking for is 97-99 2.5L with Stock set up, Intake Mods will be fine.

This is Link for the Detail Information and Pictures of the Exahust and Header:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/delubozparts_boxster_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZdelu bozpartsQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ24549228QQs ofpZ0

I'm also a Very Active Member in this Forum:

http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB2/search.php?mode=results

You can verify my Posting and Feedbacks + Comments I had from that Forum members. You can Search under Jen Che Lin,Che,Che's,Deluboz,Delubozparts this way you know I'm very Sincere and want to Offer same Sevice in this Forum Community.

Please E-Mail deluboz@aol.com if you have additional Questions, Thank you for your time !!!

Best Regards,

Che

Last edited by delubozparts; 08-31-2006 at 12:30 PM.
delubozparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 08:49 AM   #2

I am interested, and I live in Houston, so I can drive up for your little experiment or do it down here in Houston. Contact me via my cell phone at 832-474-7381 to talk about it.

I assume that I keep the exhaust mods afterwards, right?

For those of you who want to know the results of this test, skip to page three to see my dyno results and comments about the products!

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 09-21-2006 at 02:52 PM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:16 AM   #3
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I am interested, and I live in Houston, so I can drive up for your little experiment or do it down here in Houston. Contact me via my cell phone at 832-474-7381 to talk about it.

I assume that I keep the exhaust mods afterwards, right?
Wow, that was Fast !!! Nice talking to you Randall. I will accept your proposal and use your Boxster for this experiment, per our conversation we both Agreed this experiment will held after 9-18-06

For other Members Please stay tune on this Post, or e-mail me if you have any questions. Thank you !!

Best Regards,

Che
Old 09-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #4

You only list a header for 2.5,

Are you planning on making a 2.7 / 3.2?

Also, are you offering any better price to forum members?
MCase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #5

Hi,

Call me cynical, but this sounds suspiciously like a new twist to getting free advertising without paying sponsorship fees. Maybe not, but we'll see...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:03 AM   #6
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Call me cynical, but this sounds suspiciously like a new twist to getting free advertising without paying sponsorship fees. Maybe not, but we'll see...

Hi MNBoster,

You have Rights to by cynical, currently at this stage this is a Experimental Testing on the Header and Exhaust. Of course its only fair for me to pay all necessary Fees to this Forum and be able to advertising in Future

Che
Old 09-05-2006, 05:55 AM   #7
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCase
You only list a header for 2.5,

Are you planning on making a 2.7 / 3.2?

Also, are you offering any better price to forum members?
Hi MCase,

The Header for 2.7L/3.2L will be avaialble end of this year, still making necessary O2 Sensor Locations for the US Model Boxster's. Thank you !
Old 09-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #8

I agree with MNBoxster on this. THis is my opinion, but why doesn't the header/exhaust company pay CHe? Why is Che even involved!? I can see the terms and conditions of offer and acceptance already. . . ." will not return the $1000 because customer failed to perform77 of the requested 78 tests. . . therefore in breach of contract,. . . .bad faith. . . . customer failed to test adequately.....customer exceeded the limitations of said product. ...customer (here's the big one) DAMAGED OUR PRODUCT during the course of tests by exceeding ______________fill in blank.....blah blah blah"
Just my 2cents opinion of course.
Let me say it here. Randall, I'm betting you'll never get your 1k back!! Don't do it. THere's just too much room for them to weasel out.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #9

Hi Randall,

Just to give you some more FACTS before you make your decision...

Magnaflow Performance Exhaust gives away a FREE Exhaust as a thank you for helping them produce a cat-back exhaust system.

What usually happens is the consumer releases the vehicle to MF for testing. MF has the car fo about 3 business days and runs an initial dyno on the car for a baseline. Then MF designes and fabricates the Cat-back system. After that, a JIG is built so the kit can be replicated for production then the car is given back to the consumer with all OEM Parts and the new MF kit installed. The car with the kit is then dyno proven to confirm positive results. After a week or two the new cat-back system produced from the jig is test-fitted on the original vehicle which takes just 1 day. A rental car is available at NO CHARGE for the consumer at any time...no hassle.

At the end of the day an automotive enthusiast gets a FREE dyno proven exhaust system and a rental car to use while the vehicle is at MF.

Out of Pocket costs: $O

KRZ

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust

Last edited by KRZTACO; 09-06-2006 at 09:37 AM.
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #10
Vendor

Hello Everyone,

I knew by offer the Header and the Exhaust for this forum will always have 2 groups of opinions 50 Negative and 50 Positive.

The Deposit are just to assured the Dyno Result and write up review are follow through as Agreed, regardless the outcome of the Dyno results and write up review full deposit will return to Randall immediately. I could of find a Boxster here locally and offer free rental car just like Magnaflow offer, would anyone feel comfortable by left expensive Boxster to someone and without knowing who is working on the installation ??? Chances are No way !!!

I could of Provided Dyno Result + Review, than again who would take that as geniune creditble informations, probably just another sales pitch. By offering this to a reputable and creditble member without any fake or bias informations will prove truthfull results on these Header and Exhaust.

Randall would have choice of his own on Reliable Installation facility + Dyno Facility and fully in control of his Boxster in town not somewhere else for 2-3 days.

Definitely there will be more Negative or skeptical Posts, Please let this be a Mutual Post till Randall follow through with the results.

Best Regards,

Che
Old 09-05-2006, 12:57 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by delubozparts
Hello Everyone,

I knew by offer the Header and the Exhaust for this forum will always have 2 groups of opinions 50 Negative and 50 Positive.

The Deposit are just to assured the Dyno Result and write up review are follow through as Agreed, regardless the outcome of the Dyno results and write up review full deposit will return to Randall immediately. I could of find a Boxster here locally and offer free rental car just like Magnaflow offer, would anyone feel comfortable by left expensive Boxster to someone and without knowing who is working on the installation ??? Chances are No way !!!

I could of Provided Dyno Result + Review, than again who would take that as geniune creditble informations, probably just another sales pitch. By offering this to a reputable and creditble member without any fake or bias informations will prove truthfull results on these Header and Exhaust.

Randall would have choice of his own on Reliable Installation facility + Dyno Facility and fully in control of his Boxster in town not somewhere else for 2-3 days.

Definitely there will be more Negative or skeptical Posts, Please let this be a Mutual Post till Randall follow through with the results.

Best Regards,

Che
Hi,

OK, so let me get this all straight. You join this group and rather than introduce yourself (as an eBay reseller of non-model/marque specific aftermarket components) and survey the group for thoughts on aftermarket exhaust systems and suggest that you may be able to produce one which will exceed the OEM system or other aftermarket offerings, you immediately dangle an offer for a FREE exhaust system. Oh, FREE, uh, except for a $1,000 deposit pending a post installation/testing testimonial.

You want someone (apparently Randall) to give you $1,000 of their hard-earned money and risk the wear/tear (and possible damage) to their car (anything can happen from CELs to stripped heads from installation, etc.) But, you have no confidence that the person you select will write a testamonial after getting a FREE and improved exhaust system unless you hold $1,000 of their money as security? As Jack Nicholson said in As Good As It Gets: "Where's the trust...?" Remember, it was you who came to us, not the other way around.

I'm sorry if you feel we're skeptical, but maybe we're just looking out for one of our own.

If you're so above board and interested in an unbiased opinion, why not waive the deposit altogether? Surely you can appreciate that one might not get a totally unbiased report if there were concern that a negative testamonial might result in the forfeiture of a $1,000 deposit.

Sorry, but I remain unconvinced. And, I did research your eBay offerings, both past and present. You're a reseller and sell a lot of needless junk to unsuspecting car owners, this totally useless Voltage Stabilizer http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-986-Boxster-S-Boxster-Voltage-Stabilizer-V2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33577QQihZ020QQitemZ 300021702098QQtcZphoto is a case in point.

(Sarcasm Mode ON) I cannot tell you how many reliability or performance issues we see here because of unstable voltage in the Boxster. It's a plague larger than RMS failure! (Sarcasm Mode OFF)

You have a combined total of 40 Neutral or Negative feedbacks in the past 12 mos. alone, how many of these are from Voltage Stabilizer buyers?

And, it occurs to me that if you are just a reseller, why does this system (which is already being produced and sold) need to be Beta-Tested to begin with?? Who actually manufactures this system? Where is it made and what materials are used? Is it Road Legal and smog certified in any or all 50 states?

I return to my original thought - You're just looking for new markets and trying to avoid advertising costs associated with them.

Maybe you can peddle your system to the Miata Board - http://miataforum.com/

Good Luck!...

PS Sorry, but so far it seems that your prediction of a 50/50 split in opinion may be a little optimistic...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 09-05-2006 at 03:27 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #12
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

OK, so let me get this all straight. You join this group and rather than introduce yourself (as an eBay reseller of non-model/marque specific aftermarket components) and survey the group for thoughts on aftermarket exhaust systems and suggest that you may be able to produce one which will exceed the OEM system or other aftermarket offerings, you immediately dangle an offer for a FREE exhaust system. Oh, FREE, uh, except for a $1,000 deposit pending a post installation/testing testimonial.

You want someone (apparently Randall) to give you $1,000 of their hard-earned money and risk the wear/tear (and possible damage) to their car (anything can happen from CELs to stripped heads from installation, etc.) But, you have no confidence that the person you select will write a testamonial after getting a FREE and improved exhaust system unless you hold $1,000 of their money as security? As Jack Nicholson said in As Good As It Gets: "Where's the trust...?" Remember, it was you who came to us, not the other way around.

I'm sorry if you feel we're skeptical, but maybe we're just looking out for one of our own.

If you're so above board and interested in an unbiased opinion, why not waive the deposit altogether? Surely you can appreciate that one might not get a totally unbiased report if there were concern that a negative testamonial might result in the forfeiture of a $1,000 deposit.

Sorry, but I remain unconvinced. And, I did research your eBay offerings, both past and present. You're a reseller and sell a lot of needless junk to unsuspecting car owners, this totally useless Voltage Stabilizer http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-986-Boxster-S-Boxster-Voltage-Stabilizer-V2_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33577QQihZ020QQitemZ 300021702098QQtcZphoto is a case in point.

(Sarcasm Mode ON) I cannot tell you how many reliability or performance issues we see here because of unstable voltage in the Boxster. It's a plague larger than RMS failure! (Sarcasm Mode OFF)

You have a combined total of 40 Neutral or Negative feedbacks in the past 12 mos. alone, how many of these are from Voltage Stabilizer buyers?

And, it occurs to me that if you are just a reseller, why does this system (which is already being produced and sold) need to be Beta-Tested to begin with?? Who actually manufactures this system? Where is it made and what materials are used? Is it Road Legal and smog certified in any or all 50 states?

I return to my original thought - You're just looking for new markets and trying to avoid advertising costs associated with them.

Maybe you can peddle your system to the Miata Board - http://miataforum.com/

Good Luck!...

PS Sorry, but so far it seems that your prediction of a 50/50 split in opinion may be a little optimistic...
Hi MNBoxster,

I'm sorry that you feel strongly Negative about this Post, but you are a truthful stand up guy that watching out for your peers. Of course I'm new in this community, at least its a start for me and got nothing to hide. I'll need all kinds of Luck I can get, you know what ~~ I'll waive the deposit from Randall just to prove you wrong.

Best Regards,

Che
Old 09-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #13

[QUOTE=delubozparts]Hello Everyone,

The Deposit are just to assured the Dyno Result and write up review are follow through as Agreed, regardless the outcome of the Dyno results and write up review full deposit will return to Randall immediately.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then why charge Randall $1000!!!!!!!!!!!
Randall is a member of this forum.
Randall has over 2,000 posts.
Randall posts often and frequently.
Do you think Randall WILL NOT write a review and follow through when he posts on such topics as heated seats, tires, oil, tops, car wax, and window chips!!!??
Isn't a header/exhaust far more important?
How about this: you provide Randall a FREE header and exhaust.
You install it.
Randall tests it.
If Randall likes it and provides a dyno result he'll post a positive review and let forum members know.
If Randall doesnt like and provides a dyno result it he'll post a negative review and let forum members know.
If Randall likes it he'll keep it for free.
If Randall doesnt like it he'll get rid of the damn thing w/out fanfare. Hell, you can have it, after all he doesn't.
If not, then I take everything back and apologize either way, even if the product is substandard. :troll:
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:44 PM   #14

Jim, (MNboxster)

You nailed it. I was actually the first one to read the post and thought yeah right. I think I will pass. There was that little guy in my head saying "But it will be a free exhaust" and the other little guy said " Dont do it" remember the old saying if its too good to be true then well...... it is.
Randall, I hope you dont get boned.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #15

Such Drama!!

:ah:

Normally I just like to lurk. I have picked up a LOT of useful info and learned tons of stuff about my Boxster since I joined this board. I am extermely grateful that there is a board like this with (for the most part) such nice informative people on it. But after reading this thread I gotta say......

JEEZ THERE ARE SOME MEAN PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD!

I hope that the members that are letting all these accusations/inuendo fly are man enough to apologize if Randall gets a nice system out of this. If not then I'll be eating crow but after reading the posts and checking this guys ebay score I HIGHLY doubt he is gonna come on a Boxter board and install substandard equipment just so he can trash his name on one of the most influential boards for Boxter owners. Do any of you know what the "rule of 250" is? How many of us do you think are PCA members?

This looks like a win-win between Randall and Che to me so why don't you all lighten up a little and see what happens.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Geist
:ah:

Normally I just like to lurk. I have picked up a LOT of useful info and learned tons of stuff about my Boxster since I joined this board. I am extermely grateful that there is a board like this with (for the most part) such nice informative people on it. But after reading this thread I gotta say......

JEEZ THERE ARE SOME MEAN PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD!

I hope that the members that are letting all these accusations/inuendo fly are man enough to apologize if Randall gets a nice system out of this. If not then I'll be eating crow but after reading the posts and checking this guys ebay score I HIGHLY doubt he is gonna come on a Boxter board and install substandard equipment just so he can trash his name on one of the most influential boards for Boxter owners. Do any of you know what the "rule of 250" is? How many of us do you think are PCA members?

This looks like a win-win between Randall and Che to me so why don't you all lighten up a little and see what happens.
'03 Boxter-Midnight Blue
-17" Aftermarket twists 8.5"fr 10"rear
-20mm rear spacers
-Aluminum diamond plate floor mats
-Aluminum pedal upgrade
'69 911 Black (under re-construction)
'93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT
'04 Chevy Silverado
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
Not to be a dick, but damn man spell the name of your car right. It's even wrong in your sig. Non boxster owners are one thing, but you own one!! I'm posting this out of love, from one boxS ter owner to another.

Last edited by Adam; 09-07-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:08 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Not to be a dick, but damn man spell the name of your car right. It's even wrong in your sig. Non boxster owners are one thing, but you own one!!

Hahahah I'm so used to seeing people spell it wrong that it sometimes looks right to me. Nice work Adam, you sure know how to chew someone up.
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGem2k
Hahahah I'm so used to seeing people spell it wrong that it sometimes looks right to me. Nice work Adam, you sure know how to chew someone up.
Yeah, I've been grouchy all week and kinda took it out on der Geist. I felt bad after posting that. I apologize der Geist. Sometimes I let little things get to me.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:10 AM   #19

Just an FYI

Delubozparts has contacted me about sponsorship possibilities - we'll see how that goes.
rkwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:29 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by der Geist

I hope that the members that are letting all these accusations/inuendo fly are man enough to apologize if Randall gets a nice system out of this.
I don’t think an apology is in order if this works out:

Think about the world we live in – phishing, lots of cons. All cons, and most phishing is based off of the same principle: they rely on getting the victim’s participation and buy in by making them think they are getting something for nothing (or are getting a deal that is slanted in their favor). This victim becomes emotionally involved and therefore doesn’t look at the deal objectively.

“I deposit $2million in your bank account if you just give me the number.”
“I will give you a free exhaust if you give me $1,000 that I promise to give back to you”

No we do not owe Che an apology. If Che’s exhaust turns out to be the best thing since sliced bread, believe me, we will hear about it and he will be a celebrity on this board. Regardless though, it will be important for Che to learn about how he is marketing his product and representing his business.

If you are truly on the up and up, your business deals should also appear beyond reproach.

If this exhaust deal works well, and Che learns to improve his marketing approach, both guys win. No apology necessary.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote