Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Performance and Technical Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #1

Installed techno bar

very nice mod for my little boxster makes it nice and tight. No body flex when cornering and just feels much more stable on the road when cornering i love it! Great product for cheap price

http://www.pedrosgarage.com/Site_2/TechnoBrace.html

Very easy install did it in 10 mins.

bigborian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #2

What does it do? How does it work? It appears to install over the top of the plate Porsche put in place to handle loads?

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts
What does it do? How does it work? It appears to install over the top of the plate Porsche put in place to handle loads?

B

It basically stiffens up the rear suspension. Yea it does go right over the top of the porsche plate. The plate by itself doesn't do it's job as effectively as we would want it to. As in an Auto X situation where you need to push your cars suspension to the limit. So the technobar (there are other products like it) stiffens it up quite a bit. It's a beefy piece of metal that can take quite a load and it bolts right in like a 10 min install. I noticed a difference whipping around corners up in the mountains round here paid $114 for it (that price is including shipping)

thumbs up to Pedro
Old 08-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #4

and you tested this on street tires or competition tires? Like a DotR?

I'm trying to get my head around how this can help?

The stock plate attaches at 4 points. This attaches at two?

When I load up the right rear wheel in a hard left hand corner, the right rear lower control arm pushes on the suspension cradle that is hung from the chassis and tied together by the lower plate. The plate is ultra strong in compression, but week in twist (which shouldn't occur unless you are upside down sliding down a cliff off of Mullholland)

I could see how a thicker larger plate made from better material might help (attached at 4 points) but I don't see this helping. It is doing nothing different than what the stock plate does. It may make you feel better because you spent money on it and you installed it quickly but does it really work?

I'll track down someone close to me and throw a shock pot between the two suspension cradles and "test" with and without. Seat of the pants sales don't tend to work with me "prove it" comes to mind.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:14 PM   #5

Hi, maybe this will help

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10817&page=6&pp=20
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco
Wow never even saw that link but that is some good information!!! Proven track time improvement too. I had a couple people email me privately when i asked about this product because i was also skeptical when i first saw it. I'm glad i got it.

edit: Btw just noticed i have the same color boxster as u haha

Last edited by bigborian; 08-24-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigborian
Wow never even saw that link but that is some good information!!! Proven track time improvement too. I had a couple people email me privately when i asked about this product because i was also skeptical when i first saw it. I'm glad i got it.

edit: Btw just noticed i have the same color boxster as u haha

Hi, at first I was skeptical about buying a glacier white Boxster, and now after all the compliments, I would not get any other color even if buying a new one

Me no mean to hijack just responding to fellow enthusiast
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco
Hi, at first I was skeptical about buying a glacier white Boxster, and now after all the compliments, I would not get any other color even if buying a new one

Me no mean to hijack just responding to fellow enthusiast
No prob i just wanted to share with people a nice bang for the buck mod. Btw i love glacier white it doesn't show dirt despite what people may think.