View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
Brad Roberts

and you tested this on street tires or competition tires? Like a DotR?

I'm trying to get my head around how this can help?

The stock plate attaches at 4 points. This attaches at two?

When I load up the right rear wheel in a hard left hand corner, the right rear lower control arm pushes on the suspension cradle that is hung from the chassis and tied together by the lower plate. The plate is ultra strong in compression, but week in twist (which shouldn't occur unless you are upside down sliding down a cliff off of Mullholland)

I could see how a thicker larger plate made from better material might help (attached at 4 points) but I don't see this helping. It is doing nothing different than what the stock plate does. It may make you feel better because you spent money on it and you installed it quickly but does it really work?

I'll track down someone close to me and throw a shock pot between the two suspension cradles and "test" with and without. Seat of the pants sales don't tend to work with me "prove it" comes to mind.

B
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote