Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #21

requiek

I suppose we can be thankful that our moderators didn't see fit to redact his other 1600+ posts to this forum- they must have been more PC in their view. I didn't always agree with Ghost, but I always enjoyed and appreciated his contribution and perspective. My guess is he isn't looking back, probably wouldn't come back if invited.
After all the venting and grieving, I'm sure I will continue to visit this forum, but I will view the info here as "manipulated", which will no doubt result in me seeking info and spending my limited time surfing/lurking elsewhere on the net, and yes, shopping decisions can't help but be influenced. I'll shut up before I get banned too...

Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 AM   #22

I would just like to say what a wonderful job I think the moderators are doing on this forum. I'd never say anything negative about them, nor about Pelican Parts, even if Suncoast does have lower prices, more knowledgeable sales people, and faster shipping time. No sir, you won't hear a negative word out of me.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #23
1999 base

Garage
i asked Richard to delete the IMSB thread.
wish i have done it a day sooner.
ghost would have probably still be here.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:49 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by scapegoat View Post
Thanks to everyone who had the courage to stand up for me I appreciate it. Hopefully soon a place will exist where you can post without fear. One where powerful posts like the ones I read in here do not need to be redacted out of fear of reprisal, a blog for and of the Porsche people, a board where the members are the judges of what's right, not some self important jackoff or crybaby vendors.

PS Bruce, show me a guy who has to be tough on a blog and I'll show you a guy who is neutered in real life, now which do you think is more important? I'll bet your nuts reside in a cupboard in a baby food jar.
Hey Goat, hope all is well.

What happened? Can I have a "Cliff Notes" version please. Thanks.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:11 AM   #25

I am feeling better already !!! It's going to be a good Christmas after all !!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #26

I think max has stepped over the line and should be reprimanded/banned. Ghost keeps sneaking in like a five year old and should be stopped. And all those who are threatening to leave because of this issue should put on their big boy pants and leave already. Y'all sound like a bunch of chickens; bcawk! Where did ghost go? Bcawk! This isn't right! Bcawk! The chicken coop just isn't the same, bcawak!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:58 AM   #27

Again, for the record, Ghost asked me to ban him and I obliged. As far as I can recall, we haven't banned anyone here in years and we are fairly tolerant of dissent as long as it is expressed in the proper manner.

. That said, I received several complaints about his posts and asked him nicely to tone it down. He did not, and responded by telling me to ban him, which I did.

He then came back under another name to blast me again.

For the record:

No one is obligated to come here.

No one pays us to be a member so none of us (including me) have any "rights" to speak of.

Everyone agrees to abide by the rules.

The owners set the rules.

We do try to make sure all can be heard. This is not about my ego, I don't know or care who or what ghost is. I asked him nicely and he returned with fire in his words. So, he is gone.

That is life. So, again, in the spirit of the season, can we move on? I have.

Closed Thread