986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   sorry ghost !!! (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41768)

milliemax 12-18-2012 05:08 PM

sorry ghost !!!

I am being "put down" with talking to you. Do we live in Berlin ??? Sorry Ghost. Max. All of our conversations were deleted. OBAMA ??? NO , "Bruce and friends"

milliemax 12-18-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milliemax (Post 320254)
I am being "put down" with talking to you. Do we live in Berlin ??? Sorry Ghost. Max. All of our conversations were deleted. OBAMA ??? NO , "Bruce and friends"

Sorry to see you go , Ghost. We ALL will miss you. Hundreds of "log ons" that did not and do not "speak", log on to see what Ghost, Danger,Randall,and all of you have to say. I am sorry that a rusted bearing caused worldwide "red face" to the point that those in charge resulted in "banning conversations" of members of .....Now a "controlled forum".. Sad , in my opinion that if you tell the truth,,, Watch out !!! I do not give a damn if you "in charge" cut me off or not, but all of you should be kind to Ghost and his Father, ALL of you world wide. MAX

BrokenLinkage 12-18-2012 10:06 PM

in favor of disageement

This forum has been very valuable to me - largely because it lets me benefit from the disparate experience, opinions, and knowlege of its participants. Rarely is the cause of knowledge or truth served by squelching a dissenting voice. I respect the sponsors of this forum for what they have done to promote our common interests, and those with professional expertise that they are willing to share with us laymen in this forum.
But the forum draws its greatest strength from collective experience, and particularly the commercially unbiased opinions expressed by lay enthusiasts. And to limit Ghosts' admitedly sometimes strident voice is to limit the forum itself, and my interest in it as a resource. I find it hard to believe that the proprietors of this great forum are willing to sacrifice its integrity/ credibility out of either personal rancor, favoritism, or insecurity. And while I respect that the forum doesn't want dialogues to degenerate or offend other valuable members, the bar for offense has to be pretty high to permit the free exchange of ideas.
Just my 2 cents...read it quick before this post also winds up in the graveyard of dissenting opinion

Johnny Danger 12-19-2012 04:02 AM

What happened to Ghost ? Obviously I missed something ?

Heiko 12-19-2012 04:58 AM

Apparently one of the mods didnt like what he said and nuked him from the forum... Personally i saw the posts and everyone is entitled to a bad day, but the guy that nuked him personally kept pushing Ghosts buttons back... so it takes two to tango... he was as much to blame for the instigated responses.... I guess power prevails and second chances are a thing of the past... Oh well maybe i'll get nuked for saying that...

We have to remember this is a public forum to discuss Boxsters and whenever personal opinions come to the surface or religion gets dragged into the discussions emotions and personal replies go to a higher level.

HAUSIDMT 12-19-2012 08:14 AM

???

I'm with Danger, lost on this one.

ekam 12-19-2012 08:22 AM

What have we done...?

The Radium King 12-19-2012 08:57 AM

in another thread ghost returned as 'jesus of nazareth' to get his final shots in. so, it appears we have the son and the holy ghost; time for the father to step in. methinks that he would say that this is a private club not a public forum and what he says goes. fair enough; we all agreed to that when we signed-on. in the end, you gotta weigh the value you bring against the problems you cause. personally for me, 'opinion' has far less value than 'fact' and i would make my decisions accordingly if i were in charge.

Johnny Danger 12-19-2012 05:42 PM

Despite some of his rancor at times (and we've all been rancorous at one time or another - myself for the first), Ghost provided some value feedback and participation on this forum. In fact, he was one of the few members who has had the experience of owning both a 986 and 987 boxster - with lots of insights about them to share. It's unfortunate that the situation has led to this. I wish there was a way that he and the moderator could resolve this matter, so he could be given another chance.

1olddude 12-19-2012 09:31 PM

+1 on what JD said. Well stated. Some of us need all the help we can get and Ghost has a ton of Boxster knowledge to offer those of us less fortunate. Wish we could all just get along:)

Homeboy981 12-20-2012 01:57 AM

What the heck, where's Ghosty? I woke up this morning and am missing a friend.

It is a shame when egos get in the way of information. We all KNOW WHEN it happened but why? I am at a loss to explain it, because someone had an axe to grind against him? That is NOT fair.

I would expect as much from a small business, but not a forum! It is a shame, I have enjoyed this forum. I have given and gotten good information. Just because you do NOT AGREE with everyone IS NO REASON to censor. If I did that in my business, I would be out of business. However, if the idea is...watch out or you will be banned...I might have to start looking at a larger forum.

Smaller companies have larger egos. Some egos cannot take being criticized, too bad for them! Shows how small they are.

I guess I will be next since I too commented against, "a protected species". It is a shame when your opinion cannot be heard, especially on something as sensitive as the IMS, why?

Been good to know you guys! And just when I was gonna order a ton of parts too IMS/RMS/clutch - guess I will DO THAT some place else too! My vote will be cast with my dollars, I can choose to take those elsewhere.

Pity...Ghosty you will be missed! I will see you again....on another board? :ah:

Gone but not forgotten...especially for WHY it happened!

Eric G 12-20-2012 05:19 AM

What a shame in that I thought our little corner of the world here was free from this kind of action.

Mark_T 12-20-2012 08:21 AM

Someone with maturity and some business sense needs to step in here. Ghost should receive an apology for the high-handed and arrogant manner in which he has been treated and his membership and posts should be re-instated. Is anyone involved in the administration of this forum willing to man up enough to do that? Or is this business so successful that it can afford to blow off customers because their opinions differ?

Having also been the recipient of this kind of arbitrary censorship on this forum, I think it is time for me to take a step back from the forum, its owner, and sponsors. I too will express my opinion, and my support for Ghost, through my future purchasing decisions.

Johnny Danger 12-20-2012 09:04 AM

At this point, it's a mystery as to who owns or runs this forum ? Is it the original two guys who started it, or is it now owned by operated by Pelican Parts ?

RandallNeighbour 12-20-2012 09:12 AM

If Ghost is smart (and we all know he is) he'll be back as a new member with a new screen name and he will either: a) remain the same or b) tone it down so as to stay off BruceLee's radar screen.

As Richard (BruceLee) has stated many many times over the years (and I have 8 years under my belt and counting) this is not a democracy and posts and posters can be removed at any time for any reason that is in line with the moderators and owner's enterpretation of the forum rules ... not a member's enterpretation of those same rules.

I must say that I've frequented a few car forums and they're awful for the most part. Lots of flaming and name calling. This one's always been PG in rating and very civil. So I appreciate a vast majority of what the moderators do here. I'll take the good with the bad.

Mark_T 12-20-2012 09:56 AM

Well Randall, and I say this with all possible respect to yourself, that's because you're not the one that got banned by some self-important moderator just for having an opinion.

RandallNeighbour 12-20-2012 12:15 PM

I share my opinions here all the time. I'm assuming it wasn't what he shared, but the way he shared it that got the moderators shorts in a twist.

milliemax 12-20-2012 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour (Post 320404)
I share my opinions here all the time. I'm assuming it wasn't what he shared, but the way he shared it that got the moderators shorts in a twist.

What was shared was a rusted,defected IMS bearing that got posted worldwide and all that should have happened was that those responsible should have posted" We are sorry and we will give you a 50,000 mile warranty on your updated IMS engine" "We are so sorry" HELLO, Instant world wide credibility, DUH............. but NO ,,,, Go and "NUKE GHOST" it's personal. SAD... and let me add......IDIOTS. Sorry, Ghost.

kjc2050 12-20-2012 05:33 PM

Actually, one of the first replies was from Charles of LNE, who offered to replace the bearing free, despite the fact that it had been purchased from Pelican.

thstone 12-20-2012 06:52 PM

Wow. I am also sorry to see Ghost go. He provided a lot of valuable info and had a good wit.