Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2016, 03:56 PM   #1

FS: 2004 base VGC w/IMSB replaced 118K, $10,500

Ready for your enjoyment, this slate gray 2004 Boxster runs, looks and drives excellent. It has just had the intermediate shaft bearing replaced along with the rear main seal as preventative maintenance.
It also has many other new parts including;
- clutch and pressure plate,
- brakes pads and rotors,
- tires (Matching Continental Extreme Contact)
- battery
- windshield

The water pump and thermostat were replaced approximately one year ago.

No leaks, no warning lights, no known accidents. Clean, non smoker interior. All accessories work as they should, including heated seats.

Has the factory glass window top that is in good condition (fabric has a few scuffs that prevent me from describing top as very good).

Paint is bright with no clear coat peel. There are a few scratches and dings that would be considered normal for its age and mileage.

Black leather seats are in good shape. There are no tears.

The worst feature is a crack in the driver side headlight that does detract a bit from the appearance, but does not appear to leak, so I have not changed it. Did I mention that they are litronic headlights? Though they were not original equipment on this car, they are a nice upgrade.

It is a blast to drive. Steers and brakes straight.

Title is free of liens, clear of branding, and in hand to exchange for $10, 500 cash.

Car is located in Decatur, IL. Air service is available from Chicago ORD, and St Louis STL, via Air Choice One (they do not list with travel sites, you will need to go to their website, but flights are cheap.)

If you want a dealer to look at the car, Isringhausen is a 40 minute drive.

Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 05:24 AM   #2

EBay auction

This Boxster is listed on eBay and is getting closer to the reserve

Porsche Boxster Base | eBay
Old 06-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #3

You just spent a couple grand on it to replace IMS and then are selling? Really?

IMO, You should put some KM's on it since the replacement. First thing I think of when I see this type of 'maintenance' is that you found metal, so quickly changed the IMS and are selling before the grenade goes off.
Old 06-29-2016, 12:56 PM   #4

Say what?

Its hard to relate to your post. I just don't go through life thinking everyone is lying. But, I'll try to address your comments. Have you tried selling a Boxster with over 100K that has NOT had the IMSB changed? Its difficult. That is often the first question asked. So, if you want to sell it you have little choice but to have the maintenance done.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:21 PM   #5

Nice car! love the slate grey color. Do you have all the service records for the car? What company did you use for the IMS? LN ? If you don't mind me asking, whats your bottom price?
vins1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #6

Thanks for the interest. I have all the service records since I've owned the car, but nothing before that.

The IMSB is the Pelican Parts kit. They recommend changing it with each clutch change. And at less than $200, that is doable. The LNE single row bearing is no doubt the better bearing, but they recommend it be changed at 50K intervals, which in effect means every clutch change unless you want to pay once to have the tranny removed for the clutch, and a second time for the IMSB.

I don't mind you asking about my bottom dollar, but I will say you'd be in a much better negotiating position standing in front of me with cash. Do you mind me asking what it is about the car that makes you think it is NOT worth the $10,500 asking price? I ask because that price was an averaging of KBB, Edmunds, and NADA. The high was dealer retail of $12,300 (will a dealer give you $2000 off?) The low was KBB private seller of $9400 (ish). None of those numbers could give the buyer the peace of mind that the IMSB had just been changed. I think $10,500 is the right number, but the longer the car sits, the more anxious I am to sell. The trick is not waiting too long that someone else comes along before you. After I post this reply, I have to answer a question from the St. Louis Craigslist posting. Maybe that will be the buyer? Ever optimistic.

What else can I help you with in making your decision?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 07-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #7

Sold, sold, sold

Car sold locally for 10K even.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:06 PM   #8
B6T

That was a good deal.

People who sit around and shiver about the IMSB will continue to lose out on good deals.

B6T is offline   Reply With Quote