View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 09:37 AM   #6
Xcellr8

Thanks for the interest. I have all the service records since I've owned the car, but nothing before that.

The IMSB is the Pelican Parts kit. They recommend changing it with each clutch change. And at less than $200, that is doable. The LNE single row bearing is no doubt the better bearing, but they recommend it be changed at 50K intervals, which in effect means every clutch change unless you want to pay once to have the tranny removed for the clutch, and a second time for the IMSB.

I don't mind you asking about my bottom dollar, but I will say you'd be in a much better negotiating position standing in front of me with cash. Do you mind me asking what it is about the car that makes you think it is NOT worth the $10,500 asking price? I ask because that price was an averaging of KBB, Edmunds, and NADA. The high was dealer retail of $12,300 (will a dealer give you $2000 off?) The low was KBB private seller of $9400 (ish). None of those numbers could give the buyer the peace of mind that the IMSB had just been changed. I think $10,500 is the right number, but the longer the car sits, the more anxious I am to sell. The trick is not waiting too long that someone else comes along before you. After I post this reply, I have to answer a question from the St. Louis Craigslist posting. Maybe that will be the buyer? Ever optimistic.

What else can I help you with in making your decision?

Thanks,
Joe
Xcellr8 is offline   Reply With Quote