Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 02:05 PM   #21

Erik, the car looks great. Thank you for moving the development forward I come from EP-FP SCCA road race cars.. and helped push through (w/ the technical help) the Boxster into production classes. Erik Madsen did 99% of the communication with SCCA pushing it through. I about puked when they decided on 2650 for the weight LOL WHAT WHAT WHAT!! LOL

I also knew a long time ago the 2.7 was needed. It breathes a lot better than the 2.5.

I wanted to apologize in person (but haven't seen you yet besides the '12 nationals) I wanted to apologize about the door coming off at the Austin track I'm not accustomed to putting the bolts back into the doors. I leave them out on purpose. Our west coast corner workers are told/taught they can lift the handle and pull the door off to get someone out of a car quickly if need be. The issue with that on your car? No windshield posts.. no posts to hold the door down.

I do apologize for that. It was a mistake on my part that should have never happened.

Hope all is well I'm in Austin several times a year for PCA events. A customer of mine lives there and we run his cars back forth for CA/TX events.

We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 02:10 PM   #22

Small fuel tank:

I made a cardboard mockup a few years back for it. I *doubt* I can find it I did the mockup, then planned to have Fuel Safe find a tank that was close? or have one built for the car. It was designed to utilize the factory pump (I think they work pretty well) but I could think of 3-4 other pumps/pushers that would work. The mockup was designed to move the tank as far right from the driver as possible in the factory space. As I have found playing with the corner weights, just moving the stock battery over on its mounting plate above the stock tank can add 20+lbs to the right front tire (which is always light with the driver weight in place)

Just like in the past.. I'm now moving ALL weight into the passenger floorboard behind axle centerline and building a cover for it (per most rules orgs)
We have worked with amateur and professional drivers for over 26 years. In house machinist, In house fabrication. Our cars, our parts, our engines, our transmission's run nationwide at events every weekend. We work side by side with industry names developing parts.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:38 PM   #23

Don't worry about the door, I knew it came off that way, but would never guessed it would see off road work at an autocross. It made for a good laugh, and gave my dad something to work on in his retirement. ;-)

Erik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Roberts View Post
Erik, the car looks great. Thank you for moving the development forward I come from EP-FP SCCA road race cars.. and helped push through (w/ the technical help) the Boxster into production classes. Erik Madsen did 99% of the communication with SCCA pushing it through. I about puked when they decided on 2650 for the weight LOL WHAT WHAT WHAT!! LOL

I also knew a long time ago the 2.7 was needed. It breathes a lot better than the 2.5.

I wanted to apologize in person (but haven't seen you yet besides the '12 nationals) I wanted to apologize about the door coming off at the Austin track I'm not accustomed to putting the bolts back into the doors. I leave them out on purpose. Our west coast corner workers are told/taught they can lift the handle and pull the door off to get someone out of a car quickly if need be. The issue with that on your car? No windshield posts.. no posts to hold the door down.

I do apologize for that. It was a mistake on my part that should have never happened.

Hope all is well I'm in Austin several times a year for PCA events. A customer of mine lives there and we run his cars back forth for CA/TX events.
3RotorRx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #24

Oh? The feedback I was getting "Erik is pissed" LOL
Old 03-07-2015, 03:40 PM   #25

It's been awhile since I last posted an update on this project but since the car is done (or as done as a track car ever gets) here's a couple.

Still have some fine tuning to do but the ugly duckling has turned in to a really fun track toy.

stjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 01:45 AM   #26

Nice!

Just a simple idea:

Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #27
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallblock454 View Post
Nice!
Just a simple idea: ...
It took me a moment to spot the differences. I agree, the hood lines do not make a good break-point for color.

Nice project.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 10:48 AM   #28
Certified Boxster Addict

Overall, you deserve huge kudo's for taking someone else's half-baked project and finishing it quite nicely!

Job well done!
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 11:28 AM   #29

I want one!