Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2023, 11:51 AM   #81

That is probably the one I am thinking of, because it was in Brampton. I did look again and couldn't find it, so maybe he moved it from Kijiji to FB.

redpepperracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 10:30 AM   #82

Garage
I installed the new spoiler assembly and it works.

I ran the extra wires necessary to use the 4 pin temperature sensor discussed above, the blue and brown wires that are on the wiring harness wires. I still have to change the sensor and make the connections at the front of the engine.
The red wire on the left will be wired into an add-on remote control to open the rear trunk lid via the electric opener that is already there.

I don't really need a remote trunk opener, but it is backup in case the normal cable breaks or binds.
I cleaned up the rust and treated the affected area with black rust inhibitor.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)

Last edited by elgyqc; 10-20-2023 at 06:07 AM. Reason: correction
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 06:36 PM   #83

Garage
Got the remote control for the trunk latch actuator installed... and it works. A lot of fiddling around for what is in fact a backup to the normal cable.

The receiver is mounted on the fender wall and protected by an inline fuse. It will be hidden by the carpet.
Old 09-03-2023, 11:15 AM   #84

Garage
I finished wiring up and installing the 4 pin temperature sensor and now the gauge works.

Meanwhile my oil pressure gauge (bought on Amazon) stopped working. I ordered a new one and switched the pressure sensor, that was the problem so that is working again.
Old 12-28-2023, 06:50 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyqc View Post
When I was preparing to remove the engine I was unable to disconnect the dipstick tube from the engine, old arthritic fingers don't help, so I cut the tube and repaired it with a piece of rubber fuel line... just the right size.

I broke mine during removal, how is the repair holding up?
redpepperracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 04:56 AM   #86

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpepperracing View Post
I broke mine during removal, how is the repair holding up?
Works just fine. There is no tension on it once it is installed so it should last a long time.
Old 03-22-2024, 12:56 PM   #87

Garage
Just before putting the car away for the winter it developed a crank no start problem (the starter turned the engine over properly, but no start) after having been driven and then turned off. Letting it sit for an hour or so made the problem go away, and it would keep running until the next time I stopped the engine. I suspected the Crank Position Sensor (CPS) so installed the CPS from a parts engine, the details are here:
https://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/84177-changing-cps-crank-position-sensor-jackstands.html
The car has been out of hibernation for a week now and the problem seems to be solved.

Last edited by elgyqc; 03-22-2024 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added info
Old 03-25-2024, 06:00 PM   #88

Quote:
Just before putting the car away for the winter it developed a crank no start problem (the starter turned the engine over properly, but no start) after having been driven and then turned off. Letting it sit for an hour or so made the problem go away, and it would keep running until the next time I stopped the engine. I suspected the Crank Position Sensor (CPS) so installed the CPS from a parts engine, the details are here:
https://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/84177-changing-cps-crank-position-sensor-jackstands.html
The car has been out of hibernation for a week now and the problem seems to be solved.
Happy for you !
CargillBOND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 06:31 PM   #89

Quote:
The engine is under the car and ready to be installed, I was waiting for the arrival of my new PRG transmission mounts. Here they are ready to go.

I couldn't find the torque for these mounts so emailed Greg at PRG... 60 ft/lbs. He also mentioned a detail that might interest some of you who have these mounts.
"There is a crush sleeve, get the bolt tight, about 60lbs. The bolt torque has no relevance on the bushing preload. The bushings are set to a predetermined preload by the length of that sleeve. you could machine a longer or shorter crush sleeve if you wanted to try different settings "
Hi. I was wondering how these prg tranny mounts are doing. I’m considering them for my ‘04 S. Do you like/recommend them or would you go oem if you had to do it again?
paulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2024, 06:51 PM   #90

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
Hi. I was wondering how these prg tranny mounts are doing. I’m considering them for my ‘04 S. Do you like/recommend them or would you go oem if you had to do it again?
Honestly I forgot that I had installed them. I don't notice any difference from stock. I would definitely buy them again. They are about the same price as I remember, and they are rebuildable (although I'll never do enough miles to have to).