Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #1
Registered User
 
9864ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 70
Front Splitter?

Does anyone know where I can get this front splitter for the factory bumper? Is this a factory option or aftermarket?





9864ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:48 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ontario
Posts: 321
Check out the 996 GT3 Cup lip if you're looking for something OEM

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/64661-986-2-lip.html

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/99650598691/spoiler-lip-996-gt3-cup-02-04.html

But the lip in your picture is most likely EZ lip or something generic
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:50 PM   #3
Registered User
 
truegearhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Richmond, VA (The Fan)
Posts: 755
Itís a shame thatís in the wrecking yard, looks great.
__________________
1997 2.5 Boxster NASA Time Trial track car
2003 911 C2
NASA HPDE Instructor
truegearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:04 PM   #4
Registered User
 
9864ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxster View Post
Check out the 996 GT3 Cup lip if you're looking for something OEM

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/64661-986-2-lip.html

https://www.fvd.net/us-en/99650598691/spoiler-lip-996-gt3-cup-02-04.html

But the lip in your picture is most likely EZ lip or something generic
Will that 996 GT3 Cup lip fit the Boxster S bumper? It looks great!

I think you're right about that lip in the pics being EZ lip. Upon looking closer it looks very unfinished at the edge and ends in a weird spot.
9864ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 06:02 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ontario
Posts: 321
Scroll through that thread I linked and you'll see a picture of it mounted to a 986. Apparently not a perfect fit, but manageable if you're willing to play with it a bit.
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 07:25 AM   #6
Registered User
 
9864ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxster View Post
Scroll through that thread I linked and you'll see a picture of it mounted to a 986. Apparently not a perfect fit, but manageable if you're willing to play with it a bit.
Thanks. I emailed them too asking if fitment on a 986 is possible so will see what they say. Judging from the pic of the blue Boxster it almost looks like it was made for it.
9864ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 09:38 AM   #7
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9864ever View Post
Thanks. I emailed them too asking if fitment on a 986 is possible so will see what they say. Judging from the pic of the blue Boxster it almost looks like it was made for it.
Let me know what they say. I'm interested too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:13 AM   #8
Registered User
 
9864ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Toronto
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Let me know what they say. I'm interested too.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Here's what I got from FVD

"It will but you may need to trim it a bit. Many have retrofitted the 996 Cup spoiler on 986 Boxsters over the years."
9864ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:29 AM   #9
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9864ever View Post
Here's what I got from FVD

"It will but you may need to trim it a bit. Many have retrofitted the 996 Cup spoiler on 986 Boxsters over the years."

OK!!! Race me!?!? haha
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ontario
Posts: 321
Keep us in the loop if either of you go for it!
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 11:50 AM   #11
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,936
$125 shipping!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:53 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: ontario
Posts: 321
Google the part number from the FVD website. Auto atlanta and sunset porsche are both US based sites that sell it. Forum won't allow me to link those sites.
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:47 PM   #13
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 1,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxxster View Post
Google the part number from the FVD website. Auto atlanta and sunset porsche are both US based sites that sell it. Forum won't allow me to link those sites.
Aaaahhhhh..... Oregon is much closer, thank you! Haha

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page