Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2019, 05:36 AM   #1

Hey rfuerst911sc - a request!

I'm in the mood this morning for some good Boxster prorn. I haven't seen any pictures of your car in awhile.

How's about you post up some pics?

Old 09-03-2019, 05:43 AM   #2

Your wish is my command I'm no pro photog but took these a few days ago .

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:57 AM   #3

Thanks! I feel better!

I love your car with the body kit effects and Jakes engine. I'll bet it's an absolute blast to drive.

My '99 996 has the Aero kit, so it's the same front bumper cover as yours. I've scraped together a complete Boxster aero kit to add to one of my '99s, but I keep getting drawn to the 996 aero front cover instead of the 986 cover.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:16 AM   #4

Appreciate the kind words . I like the subtle changes , you can see them but they don't scream racer which is good . I am thinking about adding a GT3 top vent in the bumper cover to kind of tie in the black spoiler lip and the black top . Or maybe twin ghost stripes I haven't decided . And yeah with 282 at the wheels she is a blast to drive . 😁
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 09-03-2019, 11:03 AM   #5

Garage
How abought a fly'bye sound byte! :dance:
Old 09-03-2019, 11:26 PM   #6

Garage
Beautiful car!
I have the exact same front, splitter and am about to mount the same side rockers.. :-)

What's going on in the rear, is that a modded bumper cover?
Robert986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post
Beautiful car!
I have the exact same front, splitter and am about to mount the same side rockers.. :-)

What's going on in the rear, is that a modded bumper cover?
The rear piece is an add on from a company called GT3TEK . It came all black I had a local body shop paint it to match the car but left it black on the diffuser portion . In my opinion it really cleans up the look at the rear and adds a little sporty look to it . I also color matched the bumper pieces on either side of the license plate . The diffuser add on was easy to install , it came with 3M double sided tape installed from the vendor along the top edge . Clean your OEM bumper and pull about an inch of the tape cover off so it is visible . Align the cover and push it into place and slowly peel the tape backing away while pushing on the cover . When all tape has been exposed the body shop guys installed a couple of screws at the front edge behind the rear wheels . Been on the car for several years with no issues .
Old 09-04-2019, 04:06 AM   #8
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert986 View Post

Where'd you source them, can I ask?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
Where'd you source them, can I ask?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
The side rockers was a cheap ebay find in fibreglass, splitter ebay and the front bumper cover is oem from design911

Last edited by Robert986; 09-04-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:02 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
The rear piece is an add on from a company called GT3TEK . It came all black I had a local body shop paint it to match the car but left it black on the diffuser portion . In my opinion it really cleans up the look at the rear and adds a little sporty look to it . I also color matched the bumper pieces on either side of the license plate . The diffuser add on was easy to install , it came with 3M double sided tape installed from the vendor along the top edge . Clean your OEM bumper and pull about an inch of the tape cover off so it is visible . Align the cover and push it into place and slowly peel the tape backing away while pushing on the cover . When all tape has been exposed the body shop guys installed a couple of screws at the front edge behind the rear wheels . Been on the car for several years with no issues .
Thanks for info, looks really sweet!
Old 09-05-2019, 11:55 AM   #11

has me drooling ..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
jreissenweber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:11 PM   #12

Nice looking Boxster. Glad to see you are enjoying the car! Nice to know that my Boxster and your Boxster have a small connection. You bought the bumperettes that came off my car. Enjoy in good health.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:38 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
Nice looking Boxster. Glad to see you are enjoying the car! Nice to know that my Boxster and your Boxster have a small connection. You bought the bumperettes that came off my car. Enjoy in good health.
Good to hear our cars share some DNA I really like the painted to match bumperettes it makes them blend in vs. stand out .