Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #21

When I read the latest posts I was a little suprised at some of the prices mentioned. I bought an 03S over a year ago for $35k privately. Dealers will inspect it to assure you of what you are getting if needed. My car is well optioned, Bose, Litronics, Sport Design interior, heated seats etc and also had Techart rims. I think I got a good deal at the time but I'd have though you could get an 03S for low 30's.

Chris.

ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #22

The lowest I can find an 03S in the DC area is listed at just over $35k, with 26k miles.

So could probably get it for around $33...? Problem is that my limit is $30.

-A
BentleyJava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy
BUY A CORVETTE!!!

Sorry... still waiting for Porsche to respond about my RMS leak... it's been a week and I'm still driving the courtesy vehicle and my car hasn't been touched...

keep in mind I will have a C6 Z06 as my next car....Make sure the roof on the Vette stays on... All car have their own set of issues...

As for to S or not to S...Drive both if the base hase enough for you then you just answered your own question. I would not buy anything but an S but I am a speed monster!

3.6, SC 'er and other parts for sale
JP-s-in st. louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:18 PM   #24

I'm starting to believe that I should've bought a Corvette...

My car was diagnosed on September 6th and Porsche still hasn't responded about helping with the repair bill for the RMS. I finally returned the courtesy vehicle after 2 weeks and my car has been sitting in my garage ever since (with the exception of one trip).

No, I'm not serious about the Corvette, I just think it is absolutely terrible customer service when the dealer can't get a response out of Porsche for a month.

Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote