Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017, 12:31 PM   #1

Garage
Won't take fuel????

So I was a 1/4 full and stopped to fill up. fuel would not flow into tank. nozzle would shut of almost immediately and then fuel would overflow. Is there some sort of a shot off or breather valve that might be stuck? Any one experience this? help. TIA

Old 12-03-2017, 01:47 PM   #2

You may or may not have an issue...need to gather data.
1. Try different pump.
2. Turn handle upside down.
3. Report back!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
1997 Tip, 2018 Macan

Garage
There is a valve in the filler tube area that can cause issues. Do a search for fuel fill problems and it should come up.
rexcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:06 PM   #4
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Replacing Your 996 Fuel Line Vent Valve / Bleeder Valve - Porsche 911 Carrera & 986 Boxster - Porsche 996 Carrera (1998-2005) - Pelican Parts Technical Article

Maybe the valve needs to be replaced. Probably just needs to be cleaned.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:34 PM   #5

Garage
I fixed it. Fuse E6 was blown. This circuit is used for both the evap system fueling valve and the "telephony" system. There is a connector in the center console that shorts to ground and blows the fuse. This was my problem. I had been working in the center console in prep for installing a double din head unit. There was a TSB back in the 2000s that called for tapping up the end of this connection. I did this, replaced the fuse, and boom I was able to gas up.
Old 01-13-2023, 10:44 AM   #6

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames View Post
I fixed it. Fuse E6 was blown. This circuit is used for both the evap system fueling valve and the "telephony" system. There is a connector in the center console that shorts to ground and blows the fuse. This was my problem. I had been working in the center console in prep for installing a double din head unit. There was a TSB back in the 2000s that called for tapping up the end of this connection. I did this, replaced the fuse, and boom I was able to gas up.
Thanks!! This exact same thing happened to me. I replaced my radio and could not fill the tank the next time.

Keithbickford is offline   Reply With Quote