Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Dead engine!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! I knew this would draw in everyone's attention. No my Boxster is not dead,infact its the strongest it has been since I have had it,and it currently reads 54,807 on the odometer after tonight! I leave the gym at midnight,hop in the Boxster,drop the top and cruise. I think of how previleged I'am to own this car,especially at my age. The air flowing around me,the stereo blasting, driving like there is no tommorow....Priceless. I pass offramp after offramp just to continue cruising to The Cure's "Disintegration" and "Lovesong". Now I ask myself "What other car could be this much fun?" the answer is none.

I felt this story was in line due to all the "Its in the shop" and "Another broken part" threads. Rarely due we post about all the fun we have with our Boxsters.

Last edited by blinkwatt; 07-19-2006 at 01:54 AM.
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:06 AM   #2
fab

oh.. I wouldn't post something like that if it wasn't true. Wouldn't want to curse myself. Yikes....
painted bumperettes
autoband paint protection
wheel caps & colored crests
door sills
Valentine One
fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:34 AM   #3

Blinkwatt,

You are the man. You know what? I'm leaving the boring ass G ride in the driveway today and taking the Box to work because of your story. Thanks dude.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:14 AM   #4

Smile

Nice post. Thanks.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:31 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab
oh.. I wouldn't post something like that if it wasn't true. Wouldn't want to curse myself. Yikes....
We're a superstitious bunch aren't we?
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #6
boggtown

I passed off ramp after off ramp just to drive. The best part is finding the perect on ramp to go back so you can take some speed into the corner and get up to 80 before your even back on the highway.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:17 PM   #7

Hey Blinkwatt,

Thanks again man. I did take the car to work today. Nice cool morning top down cruise after three days of Hades style temperatures. I even turned off the all news, all the time blah blah blah and cranked a little U2. I almost didn't pull into the office garage, but I kinda had to.

After having my recommended daily allowance of SOS at the office, I reentered said vehicle and had another nice little top down frolic. The other Porsche owners who refused to return my greetings kinda bummed me, but the twenty-something blonde in the BMW ragtop who checked me out (well, the car) on the interstate helped bolster my mood (When you're my age any glance from a twenty-something blonde lifts the spirit, even if she's looking at the toilet paper stuck to your shoe).

Even the Wednesday night sailboat races outside my house, which I love anyway, look better from the open cockpit of the Porsche, than from inside the air-conditioned vault of my G-ride.

Hey, I owe you. If you ever get out this way, give me a heads up. I'll take you out for some crabs and non-alcoholic beer (sorry, you're not old enough to drink here yet).

I think I might do this again tomorrow.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #8

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
thats what im all about, lucky me all my exits are smooth but i dont wanna swipe a wall just yet so ill take it easy until i take my car to buttonwillow track to see its limits.

CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote