Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2006, 01:10 PM   #61
creseida

brucelee said to olly986 "Try again with your communication and perhaps I can figure out what you are saying."

Uh, Brucie, you do realise that English is NOT olly's native language, don't you? You are constantly poking sticks at him about this, and one would think the forum owner would have better manners.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by creseida
brucelee said to olly986 "Try again with your communication and perhaps I can figure out what you are saying."

Uh, Brucie, you do realise that English is NOT olly's native language, don't you? You are constantly poking sticks at him about this, and one would think the forum owner would have better manners.

Not fair! Where do you keep coming up with the cool smilies that we don't have.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #63
creseida

If I tell you, I will have to kill you...

Old 07-21-2006, 02:37 PM   #64

Quote:

Just stating the facts! If I or others here can't figure out the communication, we can't respond appropriately to the questions.

How is that for polite?

Old 07-21-2006, 03:33 PM   #65

Quote:
If I tell you, I will have to kill you...
And how exactly would you plan to accomplish that young lass?
Old 07-21-2006, 03:44 PM   #66
creseida

Like I'm going to reveal my secrets on the internet for all to copy....

Just stating the facts! If I or others here can't figure out the communication, we can't respond appropriately to the questions.

How is that for polite?

Try again. You seem to be the only one who has any trouble deciphering what Olly says. If you put the tiniest bit of effort into reading what he's saying, it makes perfect sense. Here, let me help you...

Quote:

"Brucee your sounding very nasty about our little boxsters of late, do not forget you run the show here, and because usually nobody gives a hoot about my threads i will just have to say that mx5 sucks! would take anyone of them anyday on any track!! mx5=miata i guess this is what it is called here, just another sissi car!! and you all laugh at ricers!! makes ME laugh" Originally Posted by olly986

translated:

Bruce, you are sounding very negative about our Boxsters lately. Do not forget you are the moderator of the Boxster forum. And, because nobody pays attention to what I post, I will just say that the MX5 sucks! I would take any one of them on any day at any track!! MX5 = Miata, I think that is what it is called here (USA). Just another sissy car. And you all laugh at ricers, which makes ME laugh (that you are now praising one).

How is that for clear? (saysshewhogetsreallypissyatholierthanthoutypeseve niftheyarethelistowner)

Last edited by creseida; 07-21-2006 at 03:47 PM.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #67

Smile

Quote:

Like I'm going to reveal my secrets on the internet for all to copy....

How is that for polite?

Try again. You seem to be the only one who has any trouble deciphering what Olly says. If you put the tiniest bit of effort into reading what he's saying, it makes perfect sense. Here, let me help you...

Quote:

"Brucee your sounding very nasty about our little boxsters of late, do not forget you run the show here, and because usually nobody gives a hoot about my threads i will just have to say that mx5 sucks! would take anyone of them anyday on any track!! mx5=miata i guess this is what it is called here, just another sissi car!! and you all laugh at ricers!! makes ME laugh" Originally Posted by olly986

translated:

Bruce, you are sounding very negative about our Boxsters lately. Do not forget you are the moderator of the Boxster forum. And, because nobody pays attention to what I post, I will just say that the MX5 sucks! I would take any one of them on any day at any track!! MX5 = Miata, I think that is what it is called here (USA). Just another sissy car. And you all laugh at ricers, which makes ME laugh (that you are now praising one).

How is that for clear? (saysshewhogetsreallypissyatholierthanthoutypeseve niftheyarethelistowner)

I admire both the Boxster and Miata for what they are and I criticize the Boxster for what it isn't.

Given its price, I am fine about it.

If YOU have an issue with it, well lets see.

That is too bad.

Can you read between the lines?

Last edited by Brucelee; 07-21-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:17 PM   #68
creseida

My only issue is with people who are too uptight about

What is "too bad", really, is the American 'Tude of, "I'm better than you are and I'm going to point it out every chance I get.

Last edited by Brucelee; 07-22-2006 at 06:35 AM.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:17 AM   #69
olly986

Well i have to say thanks for the help given to my translation!!!

loves your smilies too Creseida, very upfront...does anyone need translation for this one??

if i was to talk so much of a C5/6 or whatever my thread would probably be sent to the corvette forum!

so as Creseida mentioned, Brucelee, YOU are the moderator here, so do not do what you do not want other people not to do (this one might be hard to understand) sorry but i am sure that Creseida can translate!!

as Jim always say, happy motoring!

Old 07-22-2006, 06:38 AM   #70

Smile

"Brucelee, YOU are the moderator here, so do not do what you do not want other people not to do (this one might be hard to understand)"

That is a triple negative. I haven't seen one of those since I left the projects at age 15.

Well, there you have it, my day is complete.

PS-a basic grammar book at Barnes and Noble can't cost more than $10!

Old 07-22-2006, 09:18 AM   #71
creseida

Talking

OOH Lookie! Bruce used his big bad moderator abilities and edited my post.

And then he follows up with yet another potshot at the same member he likes to target. If I were Olly, I'd sue you for harassment and discrimination.

I bet you're all of 5' tall and would never say any of this crap to someone face to face. But safely hidden behind your monitor, you're Mister Bigshot.

I see this post lasting all of 5 minutes. Bruce's ego won't allow him to be told off by a GIRL.

Hiding behind my skirts, indeed. (insert my previous read-between-the-lines emoticon here).
Oh, you grew up in the 'jects? That explains a lot.

Is this direct enough for you, or still too "passive aggressive"?
Am I still hiding behind my skirts now?

Last edited by creseida; 07-22-2006 at 09:22 AM.

Old 07-22-2006, 10:10 AM   #72

Well, lets see.

I edited your post to remove the emoticon that was giving me the finger.

I would have done the same had you been giving the finger to any of our members here. We don't allow that type of expression here on the Board.

As you are a woman, you seem to think that there are special rules that apply to you. Sadly, that is not true here.

So, you can refrain from the personal insults (I guess women must think calling a man short is a big insult) or you can hit the road.

How clear can this be?

BTW-

If OLLY does not like my request to use appropriate English on the Board, he can speak for himself. I think they do teach English in Ireland?

Thanks for your participation!

Old 07-22-2006, 05:02 PM   #73
olly986

brucelee you are still missing the plot here. i am sure they teach English in Ireland but as it was mentioned to you a couple of time now, i am neither English or Irish, now maybe you should call your forum USA986forum.com and refuse any members from the rest of the world. (better put a full stop now or Brucee will complain)

this is very insulting to point out about my threads grammar all the time, and i have seen plenty grammar mistakes made by English speaking members on this forum!!

this is maybe a reason why you get so few world members, www means world wide web after all and by the way Creseida's little stiking finger was awesome!!

it is a very good forum because of its members, shame you are letting the forum down, your forum!!!

Last edited by Brucelee; 07-22-2006 at 06:01 PM.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:04 PM   #74

This forum is a voluntary membership forum.

If you don't like the input or rules, then you are free to leave.

If you post another statement like the one I just edited, you will be forced to leave.

Can you read English sufficiently to understand that? You certainly possess the English language skills sufficient to hurl insults, so I suggest you gather yourself together and use them to ask your questions or make your points a bit more elegantly.

Capice?

Closed Thread