Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 PM   #11

Whoa... lol... so much to process. Will give some cliff notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
It was about cars and the vehicle on the market and the prices they may be bought at.

Taxing euro imports affects maintaining our cars and people that currently own porsches buying new ones. -again, most here prefer buying used and many consider the "older" 986 models to be superior/classic. Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids. [sic]

The new car market greatly affects the used car market but in terms of this thread my comment is about the imaginative choice between a mid engine corvette and a 2020 Porsche 718.

Wait... so... the Corvette competes with the Boxster now that it is mid-engine? Is that what Chevy wants? Personally, I would have thought the comparison would be to the 911, but maybe I'm wrong. Of course, we'll have to wait and see if a 718 is still around in 2020.

blah blah blah.

I'm ignoring whatever you say about the president as that's aside from the general political atmosphere of restricted trade and tariffs, which is relevant as it affects Porsche particularly more than most any other company with them not having a single domestic manufacturing facility unlike other German manufactures. - wait, aren't you going to argue below that the President is already strong arming BMW? I don't understand how you can state this, when you already offer that BMW, which does have a plant in the US is getting strong armed? You need to make up your mind. [sic]

Porsches presence, at least at an uninflated price in the market place is POSSIBLY, just a simple possibility, coming to a close.

This is a relevant topic in terms of imaginative future car purchasing.

And yes the new car market greatly affects used cars especially if new cars leave the market all together due to a sale being unprofitable,

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop the clock." Are you suggesting that Porsche will leave the country? Can you provide an example for this? I'm not talking about a RS6 wagon or something that just hasn't been offered in the states, but a car that was offered, but is no longer offered - at this price point. Also, my understanding is that Porsche considers itself a "boutique" dealer, in that the majority of the purchased cars are custom ordered. Thus, unlike traditional American dealerships, they don't have most of their fleet on sight for people to come in and buy, rather, they are a few varieties of cars onsite that display a variety of options, allowing people to come in, sample, choose what they like, and then order. So, are you suggesting that there is a backlog of constructed Porsche just sitting in lots waiting to be ship all over the world to sit in lots? I don't know where this idea is coming from nor where you believe you have support for it.

it's an interesting topic to speculate on because if your 981 is one of the last Porsches in America period, it just maybeeeeee will have an affect on the cars value, or is that an absurd speculation.

more blah

but that's all unrelated same as the presidents personal car collection (I watched American top gear, I know the guy likes euro cars as much as the rest of us but I also know he's strong arming BMW and other local manufactures for having some over seas operations.) - AH! Here it is. How again is BMW being strong armed while having a plant in what... is it SC? while Nothing has affected Porsche? I bought my Macan in January and didn't see any sort of extra tax... [sic]

Off topic conversations here are often on the topic of general automotive market, what's for sale at what price and what direction companies are going, hybrid, turbo, whatever. It's all common here and trade is relevant to these more than welcome topics.
I am curious about your perception of the "person" or "market" for people that buy "new" Porsches. Their financial state... their worries... what goes into decision... why people will spend extra from paint-to-sample charges... or maybe give some $40k to some guy that bought a 918 in order to get their allocation slot and order the recently released GT3RS... Do you factor these people into your SWOT analyses? To be honest, your posts often entertain me. Unlike you, who cannot reflect back on what it's like to be older (as I can, like you reflect on being younger), your ideas and supposition is entertaining. Do these thoughts just come to you? Or do you reflect back on your imaginary, but future, Porsche purchasing, along with future mortgages (dare you actually buy something, unless... was it PerfectLap(?) that has argued strongly against purchasing a house?)... Anyway, carry on, wayward son. May there be peace when you are done.

Last edited by cfos; 02-02-2017 at 01:59 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote