Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #1

Airbag error codes. HELP!

Hi Guys,

I have error code 03 (voltage supply) and 195 (code states to check car manual)on my porsche.

The car recently had a dead battery and it was jump started.

The airbag light has been on since.

My thoughts are that the little silver airbag ecu module could be faulty, but not sure if this is the case. Any one got any thoughts on this?

Dremzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:30 AM   #2

2004 Boxster Tiptronic S
Old 08-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #3

You need access to a Porsche specific scan tool (PIWIS, Durametric) to clear it and you will should be fine. And before you ask, no, there is no other way to clear it.
Old 08-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #4

LOL i took it to the official Porsche dealer themselves and they could not reset it. This was the official OPC for West London

That is why I wanted to ask people if they have had experience of the below codes before.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:40 AM   #5

Just so other people on this forum can have some advice, rather than just being told to go to an OPC.

If anyone is in a similar situation to me where the Airbag light doesn't reset, here is some insight:

Code 195 = Fault airbag module.

The reason why the light won't clear is due to the fact that the airbag module itself is faulty, so no dig tool including Duremetric, Autel or PST2 will clear the fault. Porsche cars seem to be designed not to be able to switch off Airbag faults that are over 100 as there is an internal airbag module fault.

I purchased a new airbag module off eBay for £35 and installed it. Once I connected my Autel diag to the car, the tool was finally able to reset the light!!!!!! YAY

Conclusion: If you are receiving fault code 195, or anything over 100 for Airbag system, it's most likely the Airbag ECU has gone caput!!

Replace and reset using diag tool or by taking it to an OPC to reset with a PST2 tool.