Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #1

Help! 02 Sensor or something else issues!..

I have the following error codes: P0140, P0160, P1118. My mechanic replaced all four 02 sensors. Two of the replaced our the OEM Bausch version and the other two are after market.

These are the codes below...

After I did a CEL reset using my Durametric cable and software I performed another test and received the error below:

When I drive around the CEL will come back on again and the same errors return. I took a few screen shots of "suspect" readings. The only reason I say they are "suspect" is that they don't match each other in value or had some delta value that was interesting. Is there a test I can run to see if my O2 sensors were installed correctly? I understand that these had to be "wired by hand". Below are screen shot readings. Any input or next step suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Cebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #2
I am my own mechanic....

Swap the left & right sensor. See if fault code follows the sensor.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:45 PM   #3

Just for a follow up. I replaced the aftermarket 02 sensors with Bausch and no more CEL after 100 miles.
Cebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Swap the left & right sensor. See if fault code follows the sensor.
While I did not go through any of the repairs the OP did, my before Cat O2 sensors were replaced at 70K with Bosch OEM due to the code P1275 being thrown repeatedly. It seemed to have resolved the problem until it showed up again. When the car was serviced in May the pre-cat sensors were swapped and the same code (P1275) has continued to show up.

The owner of the shop thinks its the CAT while the technician working on the car rebuts that by saying that the codes are being triggered by something ahead of the CAT. Frankly, this is just crazy. When the car wouldn't smog a year or more ago, the air filter and MAF sensors were cleaned, and the car is only driven about 3500 miles/year. What I'm wondering is if the codes keep coming up due to the lack of activity. In all my life I've never owned a car that had the CEL indicator come on so often.. the car runs GREAT though! Any ideas?

Litronic headlights, Euro side markers and tail lights
Bilstein PSS9 suspension
jontalk is offline   Reply With Quote