Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2015, 10:07 AM   #21
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Kram, I used the 986 parts numbers on my parts. Not sure why the 987's might be better... didn't know they fit my first year boxster.

I've just removed the adjustable toe arms front and back from Top Speed along with my Ksport Koilovers in an attempt to make the ride nicer and get rid of rattles.

Those orange adjustables are 1) HEAVY (made of steel) and 2) may well make a racket just as quickly as the factory style aluminum ones from Porsche.

I'm done with aftermarket parts on my Boxster, but I don't blame others for giving them a try or even being happier with them than factory parts.
I didn't know when I ordered my parts that the 987 part could be used. You're probably right that the top-speed might rattle as quickly, plus the extra weight. What would be the advantage to have these adjustable?

Last edited by KRAM36; 06-16-2015 at 10:12 AM.
KRAM36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:13 AM   #22
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
The advantage for the adjustable rear toe links is only of any use in the geo department. If you only run a standard geo then they are of no real benefit to you. If you like a more rear to neutral balance then the rear toe links allow you to maintain parallel toe without loads of negative camber. That allows you to dial in more negative camber on the front for a more pointy car.
edc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:15 AM   #23

Garage
I have changed the sway bar bushings and the drop links but I still have the clunk times to times, specially over bumpers or stiff roads. Hopefully swapping the control arms will fix it (I bought the 987 style).
EJ-Fresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #24

Perfectlap, that makes sense. Maybe it's my heavy aftermarket Carrera "lights" that are causing my suspension parts to wear out prematurely. Hmmmm.

Sounds like a great excuse to buy new lighter rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Perfectlap, that makes sense. Maybe it's my heavy aftermarket Carrera "lights" that are causing my suspension parts to wear out prematurely. Hmmmm.

Sounds like a great excuse to buy new lighter rims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30+lbs. wheels are a suspension's worst enemy on crap roads. Or a new rattle's best friend.
Extreme heat and cold does not help matters either.

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 06-16-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote