Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #21

Survay takin, gud luk Jake!

Old 09-17-2014, 06:33 AM   #22

Survey also taken. While some may seem to be busting your chops Jake, they do have a point. Not to pile on or anything, but if you want to be perceived as intelligent you must communicate both verbally and orally as such. Good Luck with the project.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:52 AM   #23

Jake, although the wisdom donations by well meaning folks here is correct, and its intention is to HELP you be a bigger success than the rest, (Could also be normal nit picking if they are of old school German Heritage) I do think they have forgotten what its like to be 16.

Lets see if I can recall what I though about at 16:

- Thinking about girls
- Thinking about social groups and peers
- Thinking about friends
- Thinking about food
- Raging hormones
- Dreaming of girls
- Chores
- Thinking about Money
- Cars, (The Porsche)
- Girls
- Sports
- Thinking about the dance
- Homework
- Girls

I don't ever recall worrying about spelling even though my grades reflected my lack of skill with it on occasion.

Jake has another 5 years of schooling ahead if he goes to college (Of course he will) to sort out his future career and spelling issues.

I'd cut him some slack so that he doesn't come back at us and start asking why we are always obsessing over Porsches and spelling but NOT girls.
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 09-17-2014 at 06:59 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:45 AM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post
Jake, although the wisdom donations by well meaning folks here is correct, and its intention is to HELP you be a bigger success than the rest, (Could also be normal nit picking if they are of old school German Heritage) I do think they have forgotten what its like to be 16.

Lets see if I can recall what I though about at 16:

- Thinking about girls
- Thinking about social groups and peers
- Thinking about friends
- Thinking about food
- Raging hormones
- Dreaming of girls
- Chores
- Thinking about Money
- Cars, (The Porsche)
- Girls
- Sports
- Thinking about the dance
- Homework
- Girls

I don't ever recall worrying about spelling even though my grades reflected my lack of skill with it on occasion.

Jake has another 5 years of schooling ahead if he goes to college (Of course he will) to sort out his future career and spelling issues.

I'd cut him some slack so that he doesn't come back at us and start asking why we are always obsessing over Porsches and spelling but NOT girls.
The funny thing is, if anything helps your spelling it is the girls, you should've seen my spelling and grammar before I had someone to impress. All points are well taken though, my spelling is an issue. However, if you look at some of my early posts (please don't) it has improved and continues to do so.

Thanks to all who took the survey, most groups are doing simple restaurants and such but me and my partner chose to seek some thing we are actually passionate about, this left us with a difficult target market to reach though, thanks all!
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #25
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
One question: If I get a timeshare garage, will it come with a lift and tools?
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 12:21 PM   #26

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
One question: If I get a timeshare garage, will it come with a lift and tools?

Community lifts will be available, and general tools will be provided with each garage.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:47 PM   #27

Though it (I) may seem preachy, I do appreciate his attitude (generally) towards the critique -- which is well intended, even if it is pretty deprecating. However, generation gaps aside, one shouldn't make excuses and look for places to blame rather than accepting it. I fear the accessibility provided by the internet has seriously affected one's ability to think, delayed discounting theories aside.

Anyway, though not German, I do recall being 16 and while I can relate to some of jb's list, what I find missing is "working" and "getting a job".
Old 09-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #28

Garage
Survey taken, there's definetely a bug with question #6.
fab986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #29

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fab986 View Post
Survey taken, there's definetely a bug with question #6.
Thank you for the feedback, I noticed myself that the mark all that apply question is only allowing one answer . A free resource can only be as good as a free resource can be, but my partner and mys wording was unclear on six as well. However, I do not believe that six has a bug, when you select say 3 next to one it moves it down to the third position, pushing the previous 2 and 3 up to 1 and 2. Takes some getting used to and the wording is misleading regardless, again though, thank you for the feedback!
Old 09-18-2014, 02:55 AM   #30

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Thank you for the feedback, I noticed myself that the mark all that apply question is only allowing one answer . A free resource can only be as good as a free resource can be, but my partner and mys wording was unclear on six as well. However, I do not believe that six has a bug, when you select say 3 next to one it moves it down to the third position, pushing the previous 2 and 3 up to 1 and 2. Takes some getting used to and the wording is misleading regardless, again though, thank you for the feedback!
It's me again - the marketing guy who started the conversation about your writing. I've used SurveyMonkey for years. The issue you're encountering isn't a bug. It reflects the choices you made when you set up your survey.

The next time you create a survey, have a few people take it before launching it; doing so will enable you tweak/improve it before launch. SurveyMonkey enables you to clear those test responses prior to launch.

And by the way: "...my partner and MYS wording..." OUCH!
Old 09-18-2014, 03:01 AM   #31

Garage
Market survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc2050 View Post
It's me again - the marketing guy who started the conversation about your writing. I've used SurveyMonkey for years. The issue you're encountering isn't a bug. It reflects the choices you made when you set up your survey.

The next time you create a survey, have a few people take it before launching it; doing so will enable you tweak/improve it before launch. SurveyMonkey enables you to clear those test responses prior to launch.

And by the way: "...my partner and MYS wording..." OUCH!

Thank you, it is my first time using the software, I spent about 2 minuets debating on how to word that one sentence, the partner coming first of course, and it being my as apposed to I. However knowing that if it was just the partner it would be possessive I was left confused and went with what felt most natural.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Thank you, it is my first time using the software, I spent about 2 minuets debating on how to word that one sentence, the partner coming first of course, and it being my as apposed to I. However knowing that if it was just the partner it would be possessive I was left confused and went with what felt most natural.
Uh... How long did it take for these two? Maybe I'm nitpicking, but I don't think I could come up with this word combination if given 2 hours. For reference, how should we interpret your "2 minuets"? Is that a substantial measure of time? If not, it really doesn't speak to your work effort - I mean, why should one waste their time on something you devoted so little time to?

"... the partner coming first of course..." Of course? I really have no idea what this phrase means nor can I comprehend, "... and it being my apposed to I."

Just say these phrases aloud. Really.

As for that second sentence... Whoa. "Darmack and Jalad at Tanagra."

Last edited by cfos; 09-18-2014 at 04:38 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:46 PM   #33

Survey complete.

Keep after it Jake - just keep working on it. Don't let the crows sitting on the fence get you down with their cackling.

I don't remember a whole lot of my peers at 16 being perfect - and none of them drove a speed yellow S car!

Rick