Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #1

Garage
Porsche and saxaphone

Ever since i got my car, i have become addicted to saxaphone. Is their a correlation? I just feel that the car is inspiring this. What instrument strums best with your Porsche?

Last edited by BIGJake111; 02-12-2014 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Horrific grammar, did my best to fix it. round 2
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #2

Violin.

And piano, gotta tickle those ivories.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:41 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Ever since i got my car, i have became addicted to saxaphone, is their a correlation, i just feel that car is inspiring this? What instrument strums best with your porsche?
Wow. Jake, stop musing about your saxophone fixation and pay a little more attention in English class.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #4

Quote:
Ever since i got my car, i have became addicted to saxaphone, is their a correlation, i just feel that car is inspiring this? What instrument strums best with your porsche?
Which sax do you play (e.g., soprano, alto, etc.)?

Regards,
paul...
paulv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:26 AM   #5
I am my own mechanic....

A good English homework assignment would be:

List the grammar and spelling errors with the following sentence, and re-write it properly. Please post the results by tomorrow morning.

"Ever since i got my car, i have became addicted to saxaphone, is their a correlation, i just feel that car is inspiring this? "

I say that only because my son is almost as bad, and someone has to tell him! (And he is in college!!)

Can't do the beer mug icon for a few years yet, so this one will have to suffice.

For the OP, it's Iron Maiden, Ozzy (including Black Sabbath) and Rush to make the top 3. Then there's The Guess Who, ELO, and Styx for classics. Sax sounds great with Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, and Roger Waters.

Last edited by Timco; 02-12-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:18 AM   #6

Garage
Pianist here. That's funny, ever since I had the box I've always wanted to learn how to play the sax. Guess the car's soul is contagious.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulv View Post
Which sax do you play (e.g., soprano, alto, etc.)?

Regards,
paul...
Listen don't play, I have had A's all my life in school except for a D in 7th grade music class when we had to play recorders. I am intensely musicly inclined.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
A good English homework assignment would be:

List the grammar and spelling errors with the following sentence, and re-write it properly. Please post the results by tomorrow morning.

"Ever since i got my car, i have became addicted to saxaphone, is their a correlation, i just feel that car is inspiring this? "

I say that only because my son is almost as bad, and someone has to tell him! (And he is in college!!)
They actually say spelling disability is a sign of intelligence, at least that's what our validvictorian says every time we drill her haha. It was terrible a few years ago but ever since I've been texting girls I've had to start working on cleaning it up haha
Old 02-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #9

I'm partial to electric ukulele
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:47 AM   #10
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
They actually say spelling disability is a sign of intelligence, at least that's what our validvictorian says every time we drill her haha. It was terrible a few years ago but ever since I've been texting girls I've had to start working on cleaning it up haha
I personally rely heavily on spellcheck and autocorrect.

It's really embarrassing when the autocorrect or spellcheck says "no suggestion" because I spelled it so far off.

My favorites from my son are : "In do time" and "of coarse".

Last edited by Timco; 02-12-2014 at 07:51 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:01 AM   #11

Garage
It took about a month of a close female friend hounding on me for me to finally say course instead of coarse haha.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:10 PM   #12

Garage
The Danger Girls like the upright organ.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #13
jakesbox

Quote:
Listen don't play, I have had A's all my life in school except for a D in 7th grade music class when we had to play recorders. I am intensely musicly inclined.
You got a D last year? That sucks.

Just messin. I know you are a young guy...and good on you for pickin up the sax. One of the coolest instruments out there. In am a drummer myself.
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:25 PM   #14

Garage
Just don't play the flute, and you'll be fine.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #15

Garage
Wish I could play haha. I just listen for now, when I have kids I'm starting them out on instruments and Porsches young. My girls not only going to have nothing to do with less then perfect guys, she will also be faster then them.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:26 PM   #16

I'm really torn by this thread. Can't quite wrap around it... spelling aside:

Quote:
Ever since i got my car, i have became addicted to saxaphone. Is their a correlation? I just feel that the car is inspiring this. What instrument strums best with your Porsche?
After describing a saxophone, the metaphor is "strums"?

Quote:
All "A's"? Really? "Those that can't do, teach." Those that can't teach, teach in South Carolina.

Quote:
Wish I could play haha. I just listen for now, when I have kids I'm starting them out on instruments and Porsches young. My girls not only going to have nothing to do with less then perfect guys, she will also be faster then them.
Wait... dude's like what... 16? Already talking about having kids? And thinking you can control who they like? Ok, forget the spellin' and grammarz, you don't need no education. This is more severe.

Quote:
Who is this "they"? What is meant by "drill"? What has the comma done to you that you use it like that?

Quote:
It took about a month of a close female friend hounding on me for me to finally say course instead of coarse haha.
It's the internet. No need to state that the friend is "female". It's not like getting a phone call just after getting out of the shower -- you know, when you feel compelled to tell someone -- who can't see or hear you -- that you just got out of the shower.

Anyway, in answer to the post, I don't know that I'm drawn to a specific instrument. Rather, because I do have girls who will likely like whoever they like, I welcome mostly anything besides the Frozen soundtrack. Not that it's bad, but I'm really having to hang in there, just like Ana tells Joan in "Do you want to build a snowmannnnnnnn?" (It doesn't have to be a snowman).

Last edited by cfos; 02-12-2014 at 05:29 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #17
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
I'm really torn by this thread. Can't quite wrap around it... spelling aside:

After describing a saxophone, the metaphor is "strums"?

All "A's"? Really? "Those that can't do, teach." Those that can't teach, teach in South Carolina.

Wait... dude's like what... 16? Already talking about having kids? And thinking you can control who they like? Ok, forget the spellin' and grammarz, you don't need no education. This is more severe.

Who is this "they"? What is meant by "drill"? What has the comma done to you that you use it like that?

It's the internet. No need to state that the friend is "female". It's not like getting a phone call just after getting out of the shower -- you know, when you feel compelled to tell someone -- who can't see or hear you -- that you just got out of the shower.

Anyway, in answer to the post, I don't know that I'm drawn to a specific instrument. Rather, because I do have girls who will likely like whoever they like, I welcome mostly anything besides the Frozen soundtrack. Not that it's bad, but I'm really having to hang in there, just like Ana tells Joan in "Do you want to build a snowmannnnnnnn?" (It doesn't have to be a snowman).
"I have became" was my favorite part.....

Old 02-12-2014, 05:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
"I have became" was my favorite part.....

lol

5 cls
10 ?"I miss my TRS-80";
20 goto 10
run

Last edited by cfos; 02-12-2014 at 05:50 PM.
cfos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:00 PM   #19
I am my own mechanic....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfos View Post
lol

5 cls
10 ?"I miss my TRS-80";
20 goto 10
run

10 print Porsche
20 goto 10
Run

I used to save huge basic programs on huge floppy discs. Had a Timex Sinclair 3000 or some number that saved to cassette tapes. Also had an Apple IIe.

Last edited by Timco; 02-12-2014 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #20

Yeah, Had the Timex Sinclair, I think it was 1000. Had the Commodore 64 and the TRS-80 (Model 4 with 128k) -- went to computer camp for basic. Although, I'd gladly throw out all that nostalgia just some good 'ole DOS Scorched Earth.