Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #21
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
^ No Autox in OZ?

Trimmer,
You're in a good part of the country to lower the ride height.

I however put too many NYC miles on my car where pot holes can swallow a FIAT 500 whole.
I decided to go with the 'visual trickery' of adding side skirting.
It doesn't lessen the gap at all but by filling the empty area below the doors the car doesn't seem like its sitting as high.
And it's a proven fact that cooler looks can get you near 1.0 g's on the skidpad.

Damn that is sharp...

2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
trimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #22

Quote:
^ No Autox in OZ?

Trimmer,

I however put too many NYC miles on my car where pot holes can swallow a FIAT 500 whole.
It doesn't lessen the gap at all but by filling the empty area below the doors the car doesn't seem like its sitting as high.
And it's a proven fact that cooler looks can get you near 1.0 g's on the skidpad.

Understated class. Well done!
Old 12-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
Yellow986S

Yellow986S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:16 AM   #24

Man that looks stupid! How to take a great car and make it useless. I bet it's got a big subwoofer just to add an extra level of annoying.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pothole View Post

what is the rim model on the left side one ?

thank you
Old 12-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #26
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
^ No Autox in OZ?

Trimmer,

Unbelievable...how have I not seen this before? This is my new favorite 986 pic by far
Old 12-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #27

Low enough?

Old 12-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #28
jakesbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderRS View Post
Low enough?

How funny is that. I posted this thread and just commented on this pic in Facebook today! I was the one that said nice looking ride...who owns the boxster in the background! Nice ride man...
2003 996 Twin Turbo X50, PCCB, polar silver / 2004 996 Carerra Cabriolet, midnight blue, cinnamon leather, IMS Pro / 2003 Artic Silver Boxster - Short Throw Shift, IMS Upgrade, Carerra Light Wheels, De-Snorked with Evoms Cold Air Intake, GHL Exhaust (Sold) / 2002 Seal Grey Boxster - Fabspeed Exhaust, Black powder coated wheels, Porsche stripes (Sold) / 2 -1957 356 A Speedsters (signal red and seal grey) (Sold) / 1989 944 Turbo (m030 S options)
Old 12-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #29

Wow. Just how fkn stupid do you have to be to do that to a Boxster I wonder? As hard as it might be to believe, I'll bet the owner actually thinks that is cool and has no idea that people pointing at his car are laughing at him.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #30
San Diego Boxster

Garage
Eibach Springs sitting on 19" rims.

1998 Black Boxster (owned since 2001)
drbodzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:40 PM   #31

Hey Todd, nice to meet you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimer View Post
How funny is that. I posted this thread and just commented on this pic in Facebook today! I was the one that said nice looking ride...who owns the boxster in the background! Nice ride man...
Old 12-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #32

Aha! Why donīt you show us yours?

Especially for you :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_T View Post
Wow. Just how fkn stupid do you have to be to do that to a Boxster I wonder? As hard as it might be to believe, I'll bet the owner actually thinks that is cool and has no idea that people pointing at his car are laughing at him.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:54 AM   #33

JD, have you ever considered wrapping your windshield frame in black?
heliguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:37 AM   #34

Mine is stock. I'm not one of those individuals that thinks he can improve on millions of dollars worth of factory R&D by spending a couple of hundred bucks on sparkly things at the local speed shop . Stretched tires not only look stupid, but are inherently unsafe, despite the bleating by their proponents of "I've been doing it for years and never had a problem". Setting a street car lower than practical dramatically increases risk of loss of control from grounding out and transferring the weight from the rubber to the underside.

You want a car that drags on the ground, buy a '63 Impala and change your name to Carlos. Don't wreck a great car in some futile attempt to impress your posse.

Not that I have a strong opinion on this or anything....
Old 12-12-2013, 06:21 AM   #35
jakesbox

Quote:
Mine is stock. I'm not one of those individuals that thinks he can improve on millions of dollars worth of factory R&D by spending a couple of hundred bucks on sparkly things at the local speed shop . Stretched tires not only look stupid, but are inherently unsafe, despite the bleating by their proponents of "I've been doing it for years and never had a problem". Setting a street car lower than practical dramatically increases risk of loss of control from grounding out and transferring the weight from the rubber to the underside.

You want a car that drags on the ground, buy a '63 Impala and change your name to Carlos. Don't wreck a great car in some futile attempt to impress your posse.

I know of a 63 impala owner. his name is Bill. Just sayin.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:41 AM   #36

If you donīt like, why do you give here then unnecessary, stupid comments from? Mainly because you donīt know my car and no idea from, what it was made, and above all what is plugged into much money and technology in it. Enjoy your stock Boxster and let others do with their car, as they please.

PS: I like the Impala and Carlos is a nice name! ;-)

Quote:

Old 12-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #37

Hey, you posted your pic and asked for opinions. You should have said that you just wanted to hear the opinions that you would like and I would have kept mine to myself.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:06 AM   #38

Mark, the starters question was to ask for showing lowered Boxsters. If you have only a stock one and you donīt like the lowered ones, why do you discuss here? No matter what do you like or think but donīt tell any stupid thinks about my car or my work, when you never see it in person or drive with it! ;-)

cheers Frank

Quote:
Hey, you posted your pic and asked for opinions. You should have said that you just wanted to hear the opinions that you would like and I would have kept mine to myself.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #39

Garage
Slick car, Spyder & Drbodzin. Nothing like a clean, black car.
Kenny Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #40
Yellow986S

KW Variant 2 Coilovers
Waiting for the coilover to settle so I can go lower.

Yellow986S is offline   Reply With Quote