Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2018, 05:11 AM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geof3 View Post
Ditto... my wife just rolls her eyes in amusement when I get all excited about a new part or whatever (particularly if I got a good deal) she enjoys the car, and let’s me be me...
Me too! My wife is also a driver that appreciates cars. Her DD is an Audi S5 cab. We autocrossed together in the 80s, took the Bondurant 3 day HPDE class together in 2015 and did a half day together at Exotics Racing in 2016 (570s and F430F1). Just consulted with her when I was having trouble deciding on color choices for our 986’s Rennline fire extinguisher and mount.

#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice

Last edited by Oldcarguy; 11-28-2018 at 05:47 AM.
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 05:13 AM   #262

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Just changed jobs. Start Jan 2. Moving to RI and work in New Bedford Mass. Technical Field Service Manager over the US for HTP boilers. Hanging up the wrenches after almost 30 years and moving into an office job just consulting and troubleshooting and teaching call center and techs how to better run the customer service end of things. It’s a big change. I’m moving out about 6 months ahead of my wife. Couldn’t pass up the opportunity.
I'm a little late as I don't stop by here too often anymore but congratulations! This sounds like a fantastic opportunity.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #263

Back counter parts guy to the mechanics at a Ford truck and Kubota dealership.
Qckslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 06:11 AM   #264

I don't have a main job yet. I'm a student for now. I'm studying astronomy. I really like it. Reading articles (like this about Ceres, the dwarf planet, https://solarstory.net/planets/ceres), books, watching stars with a telescope of course. But my current side job is testing and a bit coding. I don't do a lot but still.
kontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #265
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Just bumping a few threads in case anyone wants to add, update, or is just curious...
Old 12-20-2019, 08:57 AM   #266

Both the wife and I are retired. She was a Registered Nurse who headed a Cardiovascular Surgery unit for her last 45 years of work. I was in property management for years and also managed to restore 400+ vehicles on the side over the last 50 years. 25 were Porsches.
BobRickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 09:21 AM   #267

I'm 68 and retired. Whew, never thought I'd make it! When I was in grade school back in the early 60's, 2019 was unimagineable. Heck the 90's seemed like the far far future.

I would still be working, driving seasonal trucks for harvest in Washington State. But my Diabetes really blew up about 4 years ago and I lost my CDL 'cause I couldn't pass the DOT physical anymore. I didn't love driving, but did enjoy the extra money and the opportunity to get away from the Tucson heat for 3 months.

I like being retired. My Medicare Advantage coverage is better than I've ever had. It's what I hoped Obamacare would be for the rest of you. I live a "manana" existence. If I don't do it today, there's always tomorrow. I admit I'm slowing down, I usually nap in the morning. Love my projects tho.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Porsche Friends!
Brian in Tucson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:36 PM   #268

Own a company that installs satellite TV systems in hotels, nursing homes, bars, etc.
piper6909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 02:47 PM   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Seems that our general populuce here are very educated!
Haha what a joke education is.

I'm an ounce short of a second undergraduate degree in Mech engineering. I have a BMS degree from MSU, and I did an AS in radiography. I had a license to practice and all. Shoot I've got almost 200 undergraduate credit hours; and only a handful of gen eds (so most classes are science and math). My lowest grade in any chemistry course was a 99%; I've taken all from general to organic. All that and my GPA is a 3.9 (that's back when they still scaled it 1-4; apparently you can get a 5.0 now)

I work at firestone complete auto care. I change your oil. Welcome to 2019.

I'm not bitter like most I just don't think people should be buying into a dream. Education had me thinking the only way to succeed was to "buy the product". I know now you can just buy a book... read it... and it cost less than a semester at college.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:34 AM   #270
M9G
2002 2.7 Boxster in green

CNC router operator/programmer for a furniture manufacturing company in UK

M9G is offline   Reply With Quote