Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2021, 08:07 AM   #6301

Garage
wash, waxed & swapped tires to the new shoes

On that note, anyone interested in some BBS SR's ?

2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:02 AM   #6302

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnine11 View Post
Finally got a hardtop stand and removed the hardtop for a bit of sunny driving today.

Love the wheels. Can you share the specs?
Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:14 AM   #6303

Sure!

Techart Daytona by Speedline

Front 18 x 8.5 ET 40
Rear 18 x 10 ET 47
maxnine11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:16 AM   #6304

Looks like someone was at the Chemical Guys Store!
maxnine11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 09:36 AM   #6305

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnine11 View Post
Looks like someone was at the Chemical Guys Store!
I'd never bucket a car wash again, that TORQ foam cannon is amazing
2000 Boxster S, SPEC stage 1 clutch, Fabspeed sport headers, Fabspeed secondary cat deletes, Billy&Boat muffler, EVOM air intake, Ben006's Custom Short Shifter, Pedro's TechnoBrace, Eibach rear sway bar, De-snorkeled, Fred's custom projector HL
Dubaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 03:27 PM   #6306

Got her summer shoes on today! Ready for some spirited motoring!
Old 05-24-2021, 06:12 PM   #6307

I figure a few more stickers will do it fine. LOL

I am really considering dropping on the louvers. That should complete the Meth look I'm going for.

WTB: any cheap 986 shifter new or used
Qingdao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 11:20 PM   #6308

Local PCA chapter mystery tour. 4 hour back road drive with 30 couples and various P-Cars old and new. We didn't know where we were going until after

Last edited by vikingpeggy; 06-03-2021 at 12:31 PM.
vikingpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:05 AM   #6309

This morning I.....finished reading this entire thread. About 3 weeks of reading a little bit every day. The main thing I took from this thread? JBauer has the best looking wheels that I've seen on a Box. Porsche Turbo 1 wheels I believe. I want them, but almost $8k for a set?! You could buy a base Box for that and have a whole a$$ car!
BK177V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 05:19 PM   #6310

Installed my repaired CLU. And for the 1st time saw my interior lights on, have the windows roll down, doors lock and the alarm work. Luxury............I'm pretty happy about it.

And then my kid asked me to park the car outside so she could do something in the garage...........And it's raining hard here in the Pacific Northwest. Oh well............
Zzorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:32 PM   #6311
Perhaps the worst example

225 and 255 RE-71 Stones ordered on close out at Tire Rack, head’s up! $611 w/ tax. First fresh rubber for Little P, woot woot.
Old 05-28-2021, 04:13 AM   #6312

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincolnPeters View Post
225 and 255 RE-71 Stones ordered on close out at Tire Rack, head’s up! $611 w/ tax. First fresh rubber for Little P, woot woot.
Nice find!

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2021, 02:51 PM   #6313

New paint and installed Lseat covers (PIA!) Still shrinking the leather; steam and heat gun. I'll let them sit in the sun tomorrow.
Old 05-31-2021, 04:29 PM   #6314

Added 15mm wheel spacers to my fronts to match my rears. Let me looks good.

Swapped my old headlight assemblies that have the ubiquitous burned lenses with some used units that are in way better shape.

Now I have a set available to try some fancy-schmancy LED upgrades or something.
Zzorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:30 PM   #6315

Drug home another stray. Non-runner. 2000 Base. 5-speed. Bairritz White. Metropol Blue top and interior. Immobilizer got wet and has been sitting in the guys driveway for the past year. The Oklahoma rains of the past few weeks added to the wetness.

Unloaded it and started drying it out with the wet vac. Making a parts list. Dug through my project car parts shelf. Dyno wheels powdercoat Guards Red that I've had sitting for about 5 years waiting for a white car. Had a new set of Continental Extreme Contact Sports mounted earlier in the week. Clear headlights, clear corner markers, 550 SE taillights will show up tomorrow with the UPS truck.

Spent yesterday scrubbing and cleaning. Most of the (easy) electric stuff works; lights, turn signals, top, dash lights, HVAC panel, radio. Windows came down then stuck at 2/3 up when raising the top. I imagine its a bad microswitch in the latch assembly.

I'll get the immobilizer sent off to ECU Doctors and see what they say.

I needed another summer project. I now have one. I've been wanting a white/blue car for about 5 years.

A big Thank You (I think ) to Jon (78F350) for alerting me to the car, and for him and Woody for already helping with the advice and knowledge.

More to follow as it comes to life. (Think a Martini Racing livery) :dance:
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2021, 06:55 PM   #6316
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Don't get me wrong Rick, but I would have been all over that car if I wasn't already out of space and in way over my head with other projects.

Old 05-31-2021, 07:22 PM   #6317

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Don't get me wrong Rick, but I would have been all over that car if I wasn't already out of space and in way over my head with other projects
What'd you do? Buy an entire police departments surplus cop bikes?
Old 05-31-2021, 07:48 PM   #6318
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post
What'd you do? Buy an entire police departments surplus cop bikes?
I sold a Boxster and just bought one bike. ...then realized that you can fit about four bikes in the space of one car ...and somehow there's suddenly six bikes here that can all use some maintenance.

Don't let it happen to you. Stay focused. That's going to be a cool car when you get it sorted.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:35 PM   #6319
Damn Yankee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTele58 View Post

A big Thank You (I think ) to Jon (78F350) for alerting me to the car, and for him and Woody for already helping with the advice and knowledge.
I believe 78F350 picked up a used, working immobilizer and all the bits recently. Maybe he could part with it now that he's got all those bikes to work on?

Just wonderin'.........

TO
TeamOxford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 04:17 AM   #6320

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOxford View Post
I believe 78F350 picked up a used, working immobilizer and all the bits recently. Maybe he could part with it now that he's got all those bikes to work on?

Just wonderin'.........

TO
The very first thing Jon offered was to send a loaner my way.

After the car got wet, the PO of the car purchased a new immobilizer. He stated he installed it and the car started briefly, followed by electrical smoke, then the car shut down. At that point he pulled the immobilizer so it wouldn't get wet again until he could figure it all out.

Then COVID hit and he lost his job, so the car has been sitting since with the immobilizer safely tucked away. I have it sitting on my dining room table (one of the many perks of being a bachelor ) now.

I'm going to go ahead and send it to ECU Docs. They'll bench check it for $95. If it checks good, then I can mark it off my list. If it's bad, they can repair it. It'll be peace of mind to have them check it over before I dig too deep on something only to find out later the immobilizer is bad.