986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What did you do with/to your Boxster today? (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37273)

jb92563 10-06-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by More (Post 308327)
I had the worse day imaginable :mad:

I've only had my 986 for two days and an Asian driver had to go and crash into me as I was minding my own business and driving peacefully in my lane.

He tried to enter my lane at about 50/km and didn't see me (blind spot he sais) he took out my right rear view mirror scratched my right door and put a nice dent on my right panel and dented the rim on my wheel.

I have to take it to a local repair shop here in Sydney I prey to god they do a good job I am absolutely gutted.

:confused:

Thats so sad. getting anew toy and having some other dope bust it. :(

I suppose there's something to be said for driving so fast its like everyone else is standing still. But you need cat like lightning fast reflexes and have a high SA to avoid the non-autobahn mentality drivers (Stay to the right or die!).

Sounds like mostly a light hit so at least there not likely to be serious frame twisting and alignment issues.

But like the others said I would insist the alignment be checked anyway and even the slightest issue be corrected on his insurances dime.

BoxsterSteve 10-06-2012 10:36 AM

A sad day...

I put mine away for the winter. Sad few months ahead. At least it's hibernating at my home in the garage so i can go visit often.
The weather's gotten really cool, and since I started the driving season early, (remember what March was like), I figured it would have to happen relatively soon.
At least I got out with it on Tuesday; drove it like I stole it, topped up the tank and had an e-test done. Ready to go for the spring!
Still neeeds a good washing and the cover put over.
Wished I lived in CA or FL!
Winter in Ontario sucks.

dmairspotter 10-06-2012 01:48 PM

Drove up to the Owls Head Transportation Museum with the local Porsche Club. Saw some cool antique cars and airplanes on the rocky coast o'Maine. Had lunch and drove back home, top down in leaf season. Pretty dang nice.

Jager 10-06-2012 04:04 PM

Wheels Balanced

I had a vibration in the steering wheel (at various speeds) that was driving me crazy, so I took the Jägermobile to a tire shop and had the front wheels balanced. It was the best $36 I’ve spent in a long time... No more vibration in the steering wheel and I am rolling smoothly down the road again!! :cheers:

thstone 10-06-2012 08:09 PM

I also had the tires balanced and had the tranmission fluid changed as part of fixing the small leak that was coming from the shift arm where the shifter cables connect.

jb92563 10-06-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve (Post 308354)
I put mine away for the winter. Sad few months ahead. At least it's hibernating at my home in the garage so i can go visit often.
The weather's gotten really cool, and since I started the driving season early, (remember what March was like), I figured it would have to happen relatively soon.
At least I got out with it on Tuesday; drove it like I stole it, topped up the tank and had an e-test done. Ready to go for the spring!
Still neeeds a good washing and the cover put over.
Wished I lived in CA or FL!
Winter in Ontario sucks.

Haaa, former Torontonian here, traded Ontario winters for California.

I'll think of you in February when I'm washing my car in my shorts and taking the honey for a top down cruise. :D

rem503 10-07-2012 06:08 AM

Northern Ohio

We took Friday off and drove from Cleveland to Port Clinton and Sandusky on route 6 along Lake Erie (150 mi round trip). It is nice leisurely drive with several garage sales along the way. We stopped at the Merry-Go-Round Museum and the Tin Goose Diner. The weather was rainy but the car looked pretty cool all dirty and splattered - like it's actually being used. http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1349618655.jpg

bar10dah 10-07-2012 10:34 AM

It sat outside all day.

E3EJvilla 10-07-2012 05:13 PM

Changed my air filter... First time I've scene my engine since I bought the car. Man it needs a good cleaning! Next weekend going to change the oil/filter/clean the engine/ and clean the throttle body.

grubinski 10-07-2012 05:44 PM

Drove 850-900 miles up I-5 from Sunnyvale, CA (my Dad's place) to home in Washington state. The route was not too exciting except for some curves near Mt. Shasta, but the seats were good for 14 hours, and probably longer if I wanted to do it. This was a solo road trip ... with my wife along, we limit the distance to ~500 miles on interstates and ~350 miles on two lanes in a day.

greenheckler 10-07-2012 08:54 PM

Got new rear tires and fixed a bent rear wheel. That finally fixed a nagging steering wheel vibration I have had since getting the car.

Drove it through Santiago Canyon and through Cook's Corner in Southern California. Absolutely wonderful. Saw 3 other boxsters pass by in the opposite direction. Must have been one of those weekends.

dbear61 10-07-2012 09:12 PM

Weather turned chilly Thursday night with high 30s/low 40s morning temps Friday and Saturday so my warm weather DD sat home, and I drove my 181K-mile '99 Acura CL 5-speed all over (glad I had the timing and serpentine belts changed Thursday).

I considering taking it to church this morning, but it had blotchy dust rings all over and doesn't deserve to be seen in public like that.

After watching the Packers mail in the second half for a loss and an hour pruning dead plants in the garden, I needed some cheer. A quick wash and wheel scrub in 50° temperature to made it once more presentable, but I needed to dry it quickly to avoid water spots, and I didn't feel like using the chamois.

Fortunately, I needed a switch plate for my kitchen. The 7-mile drive too 11 miles with four on the freeway to ensure maximum "blow dry".

It's nice and clean once again, but looking at the weather forecast, this may have been one of the last drives of the year. Now I'm looking for one moderately warm weekend before November to do the final prep for winter slumber.

Dbear

bar10dah 10-08-2012 09:48 AM

Another day of it just sitting outside, not being driven... :(

Ghostrider 310 10-08-2012 10:14 AM

Installed, new vent, (easy with the factory directions) Photos not good, if anyone has a round vent issue I can easily talk them through removal, replacement if needed. Top still off but it is back to ski hat season unfortunately.

tony_fury 10-08-2012 10:30 AM

Replaced interior and trunk light bulbs to white LED replacements..
I had already replaced the license plate bulbs for LED. I like the white LED glow over the yellow bulb. Not to mention they draw less current..

I discovered the little black push button switch in the dome light that controls the LED's in the door handles and dome light. (It was set to off)

I had to look it up the user manual to find out what the little push button switch was for.. (Daytime)
 Orientation light
Learn something new...lol

More 10-09-2012 03:16 AM

I spent the whole day cleaning mine she's looking nice and shiny now!

http://986forum.com/forums/uploads01...1349781351.jpg

Deserion 10-09-2012 03:48 AM

A little late, but I had the wheels balanced all-around on Saturday. Today I drove the Box to work. :D

mump 10-11-2012 10:01 AM

Drove it home from work...oh, how I love cruising the autobahn.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...10734702_n.jpg

BYprodriver 10-11-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mump (Post 308978)

Can't top that! Game over. :cool:

Bala 10-11-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mump (Post 308978)

halten Sie beide Hände auf dem Rad