Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #4241
Boxing in Australia

Got home yesterday from 2000 km round trip to Adelaide and back, price of 98 octane fuel went ott at the same time.
Hoping I missed all the speed cameras and average speed devices there and back.
Very comfortable long distance cruiser. (2003 2.7 tip)

Alan Mackew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 05:15 PM   #4242

Re-did my steering wheel wrap with a thread matching the interior..

oldskool73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:33 AM   #4243

Took it to the shop to get the modified, and now cleaned, muffler mounted.
Attached Images

Last edited by fridsten; 05-07-2018 at 01:39 AM.
fridsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:20 AM   #4244

Garage
At the NER Car Control Clinic (formerly AX School), it rained most of the day, but that didn't dampen the enthusiasm of the students. My first time as an instructor and I had a blast. I have always enjoyed mentoring and being able to give the students advice and hints and seeing how they picked them up and how excited they were was gratifying. It was also fun to get to be the passenger in a number of car models I haven't been in before, ranging from a Macan Turbo S to a Golf GTI was really fun. First time in cars with PDK. Boy, the downshifting is magic. At the end of each session the instructors had fun runs with students as passengers. Again, huge grins on their faces. Looks like we got quite a few hooked on AX. Also great to see was the number of couples and parent/child partners. At least two teenagers who's parent had bought them a 944!
2009 Mercedes Benz CLK 350 convertible
1941 Dodge Luxury Liner Coupe
Anker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:06 AM   #4245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
At the NER Car Control Clinic (formerly AX School), it rained most of the day, but that didn't dampen the enthusiasm of the students. My first time as an instructor and I had a blast. I have always enjoyed mentoring and being able to give the students advice and hints and seeing how they picked them up and how excited they were was gratifying. It was also fun to get to be the passenger in a number of car models I haven't been in before, ranging from a Macan Turbo S to a Golf GTI was really fun. First time in cars with PDK. Boy, the downshifting is magic. At the end of each session the instructors had fun runs with students as passengers. Again, huge grins on their faces. Looks like we got quite a few hooked on AX. Also great to see was the number of couples and parent/child partners. At least two teenagers who's parent had bought them a 944!
At our car control clinic all the students were in their cars for half the day and volunteering the other half. Our 4 drill stations were braking, counter clockwise skid pad, clockwise skid pad and slalom. I was a stager for the braking in the morning. It was cool to hear the PDK cars downshift into first as they came to a stop as close as possible to the final wall of cones without hitting them, or hitting them! We also had a fire truck on hand to wet down the skid pads in between each session rotation. Somehow I lucked out and my afternoon order of sessions was braking, braking, counter clockwise skid pad, clockwise skid pad and slalom which was a great order of drills for me. If it would have rained the fire truck would have had a lot less to do. On the skid pads I really got a feel for steering the car with the throttle, and the slalom was a lot more fun than the few autocrosses I did almost 40 years ago!
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #4246

Nice day for a wash 😉

JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:45 PM   #4247
Who's askin'?

Ummmm. ..... ok.... I'm sure everyone else knows what that hard top is.... but I've never seen it before, and it's BEAUTIFUL!

Tell me about it, please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Nice day for a wash

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:46 PM   #4248

Thanks! Easier to check out this link. Watch the videos.
Any questions just let me know.

https://www.acustomhardtop.com/

��

Last edited by JBauer; 05-07-2018 at 06:48 PM.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #4249
Who's askin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post
Thanks! Easier to check out this link. Watch the videos.
Any questions just let me know.

https://www.acustomhardtop.com/

Very, very nice! I Love it!
If I decide to keep this car.... that's on the list!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:35 PM   #4250

Garage
New tires, so smooth

Got new BF Goodrich sport comps rear tires today. I can’t belive how much smoother she rides with new shoes. No more annoying hum and vibration and the alignment did wonders for the tracking. Should have done this when I first got the car.
Steelepuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 11:42 AM   #4251

Garage
Well, not today but last Saturday was the 10 year anniversary of buying my 2002 Boxster. I live in MN so I only drive it approximately 8 months per year, but I have put 105k miles on it as well as too many modifications to list. Still enjoying it every time I drive it.
Below are 'as purchased' vs. current pics, and the new steering wheel just installed (anniversary gift ).
This forum has been both a huge help and interesting reading over the years, and I have no plans to sell any time soon.

MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:36 PM   #4252

/\ love the updates to the car!

today i installed:

3 spoke wheel
997 shifter
ECU Doctor Water proof immobilizer case

easy to do them all at the same time, disconnect the battery, and with the seat removed the center console was a bit easier to deal with. I've owned the car for about 8 months and every time you do work on a car you learn some things. I learned:

1. under the seat was COMPLETELY dry, it doesn't appear water has ever gotten into the cabin or on the carpet - Knock on wood

2. the center console was definitely removed before as there were some screws missing and the shift know came off very easily.

3. there was a collection of dirt and acorns under the center console. Tells me at some point there may have been some unwanted tenants residing in the car. Luckily all the wiring and carpet looked fine so whatever brought that stuff into the car seems to have vacated without causing any damage - knock on wood again!
dav9515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:21 AM   #4253

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool73 View Post
Re-did my steering wheel wrap with a thread matching the interior..

Where did you get that steering wheel wrap? With yellow thread it looks like it would fit my car perfectly.
fridsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:59 AM   #4254

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN 986 View Post
Well, not today but last Saturday was the 10 year anniversary of buying my 2002 Boxster. I live in MN so I only drive it approximately 8 months per year, but I have put 105k miles on it as well as too many modifications to list. Still enjoying it every time I drive it.
Below are 'as purchased' vs. current pics, and the new steering wheel just installed (anniversary gift ).
This forum has been both a huge help and interesting reading over the years, and I have no plans to sell any time soon.

Like the steering wheel, is that a Porsche wheel? Also is that a lip spoiler on the stock bumper or did you change the bumper? Been searching for a front lip spoiler, don't want to change the bumper just add a lip spoiler. Anyway nice looking ride.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:02 AM   #4255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Been searching for a front lip spoiler, don't want to change the bumper just add a lip spoiler.
Agreed, me too! - DM
Dave80GTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:59 AM   #4256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave80GTSi View Post
Agreed, me too! - DM
I have seen one of these in person and it looks pretty good. Easy to install and remove.
1997-2004 Porsche Boxster Duraflex G-Sport Front Lip Under Spoiler Air
njbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:21 AM   #4257

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbray View Post
I have seen one of these in person and it looks pretty good. Easy to install and remove.
1997-2004 Porsche Boxster Duraflex G-Sport Front Lip Under Spoiler Air
Found that one today, but they wont ship to my APO.
Old 05-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #4258

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
Like the steering wheel, is that a Porsche wheel? Also is that a lip spoiler on the stock bumper or did you change the bumper? Been searching for a front lip spoiler, don't want to change the bumper just add a lip spoiler. Anyway nice looking ride.
Thanks for the compliment!

The steering wheel is a modified Porsche wheel so I could reinstall my factory airbag. The wheel is flat bottomed, thicker, ergonomic inserts, silver stitch with silver top stripe. Also incorporated perforated leather on the sides, and the leather is very soft. Not cheap, but it feels great in my hands.

My front bumper cover is the OEM GT3/AerokitII style, which I found on Ebay and it came with the larger OEM lip spoiler (there are 2 options). I also added the AerokitII side skirts, the GT3Tek rear diffuser, and the Toth ducktail rear spoiler.

I think the Duraflex version looks like a nice addition to a stock bumper cover.
Also check out the GT3Tek lip spoiler. Their rear diffuser is a high quality part.
Porsche Parts & Porsche Body Kits at the Best Prices - 997, 996 02-04, 996 99-01, 993, 911 74-89, Boxster Online

Last edited by MN 986; 05-10-2018 at 11:31 AM.
MN 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:51 AM   #4259

looks like a 996 GT3 bumper, not sure on the lip
dav9515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 12:36 PM   #4260
98 Arctic silver 986

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN 986 View Post
Your car looks 1000 times better than when you bought it! Bravo sir

tommy583 is offline   Reply With Quote