Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 06:37 AM   #2001

Garage
I went to a PCA photography workshop. Had a good time and learned a few things. The instructor had us go out and take a shot with a human and a car in it. This was my submission(check the reflection):

No human in this one but I liked it anyway:

iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 06:46 AM   #2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzle of Bees View Post
Not yet. I need to set some time aside during the week to come see you. I have not taken any weekdays off recently.
The motor works. The wipers work fine on fast and slow. The intermittent only works at the max time setting, no other intermittent settings are working. I want to remove the wiper motor to see if my intermittent wiper problem is connected to the motor. Running out of options now.
You helped me with swapping out the relay and knob. I have cleaned the connections. It's now the wiper motor to check.
I can't remember how hard it is to get to the motor harness, but maybe we can disconnect the harness, and hook it up to a motor without having to take yours out?
Old 08-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
I can't remember how hard it is to get to the motor harness, but maybe we can disconnect the harness, and hook it up to a motor without having to take yours out?
Sounds like a plan. We could listen for the motor to start and stop while selecting the different intervals. Incidentally, I could get to the harness, but not undo the connection. You squeeze and pull to get it loose. It is in a challenging location too. I wanted to spray some CRC cleaner in there to see if that would help.
Old 08-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #2004

Have a rattling sound from the front left wheel when driving slow over bumps and cobblestones and the car is warmed up.

Jacked the left side upm removed the front left trailing arm (OEM manufacturer = TRW Automotive) and inspected it. No play. Opened the rubber seals by remooving the circle copper steel clips. Was a little tricky - especally to bring them back on wtihsout doing any damage to the rubber. There was grey grease in it, but not much. Added a some special grease i had from the rear axle boots repair and assembled everything.

Well 2 hours without success. Still rattles when the car is warmed up. Next thing to inspect will be the linkages. But i need a lift for that, so both front wheels are fully relieved.

Regards
Markus
Smallblock454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:10 AM   #2005

Early morning drive in the Little Creek Wildlife Area.

bobbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:08 PM   #2006
Rookie

Garage
Installed Eibach lowering springs and Bilstein sport struts today. Used parts with approx 30k miles were $450 off craigslist. Install was $450 included alignment and a couple of part swaps in better shape off the stock struts. Sadly half of Oregon and Washington is on fire and the prevailing winds are pushing the smoke into my area so I may not get a chance to run Larch mountain and really test the performance improvements this weekend. However the drive home from the shop left me pulling into the garage with a big cheesy grin on my face, or so the wife said. My ride quality didnt suffer nearly as much as I thought it would and the performance is notably improved, even the view out the windshield is different. You wouldnt think an inch would make that big of a difference on the view but it certainly does. Last pic are the final alignment numbers...

Old 08-22-2015, 02:35 PM   #2007

Only did an oil change, but it always amazes me how easy that is! Filter was immaculate when I cut it open, LN magnetic drain plug was clean. 97,000 miles.
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:18 PM   #2008

Had a couple puffs of smoke on startup last weekend. I parked it and finally got my new AOS in today. I was able to install it in about 2 hours. Hopefully I'll get some seat time in it tomorrow!

JRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 03:37 PM   #2009

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TypeA View Post
Installed Eibach lowering springs and Bilstein sport struts today. Used parts with approx 30k miles were $450 off craigslist. Install was $450 included alignment and a couple of part swaps in better shape off the stock struts. Sadly half of Oregon and Washington is on fire and the prevailing winds are pushing the smoke into my area so I may not get a chance to run Larch mountain and really test the performance improvements this weekend. However the drive home from the shop left me pulling into the garage with a big cheesy grin on my face, or so the wife said. My ride quality didnt suffer nearly as much as I thought it would and the performance is notably improved, even the view out the windshield is different. You wouldnt think an inch would make that big of a difference on the view but it certainly does. Last pic are the final alignment numbers...

Lovely car!
EJ-Fresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:31 AM   #2010

waxed my box today with this nice results I would recommend them

also upgraded my dash speakers today sounds way better now. check out the oem speakers haha

orioner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 01:54 PM   #2011

Garage
Had some new Eagle Sports installed on back for the upcoming winter months.
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #2012

Garage
Just replaced the whole suspension (shocks, springs, arms, wishbones) and got a oil change: filter is totally clean! :dance:
EJ-Fresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:00 PM   #2013

Took box in for annual oil change and removed the hard top for the first time this year.Getting ready for fall and winter!
Old 08-27-2015, 01:51 PM   #2014
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Finally got one of those Durametric things and reset my airbag light so I could put the bulb back in

0 ignitions above rev limiter. No fault codes other than that pesky SAI.
2507 operating hours...

Last edited by particlewave; 08-27-2015 at 02:30 PM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:13 PM   #2015

Installed LN screw on filter adapter and gave her an oil change.

GaryMulcahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:14 PM   #2016
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMulcahey View Post
Installed LN screw on filter adapter and gave her an oil change.

Gary, sweet ride!
I'm liking my spin on adapter too, and have been running with it for a little over a year now.
I had mine sent to our hotel in Indianapolis last summer simply because I'm too cheap to pay what it costs to have stuff shipped here.
I spent a while this evening restoring my car's aerodynamic prowess; a.k.a. washing off 2700 km worth of bug guts acquired on my road trip to Bristol, TN and western NC over the weekend.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation

Last edited by BoxsterSteve; 08-27-2015 at 04:17 PM.
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:34 PM   #2017

Steve,
Nice trip that must have been.
The Canadian $ is getting killed right now also so every penny you can save helps.
I'm after doing the water pump next. Probably October or early spring. Just going to do the preventative stuff as I go along. The car only has 57,000 kms on it so I am not pushing any panic buttons and I'm out in the country here. No traffic or traffic lights so no stop and go stuff. All go.

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
Gary, sweet ride!
I'm liking my spin on adapter too, and have been running with it for a little over a year now.
I had mine sent to our hotel in Indianapolis last summer simply because I'm too cheap to pay what it costs to have stuff shipped here.
I spent a while this evening restoring my car's aerodynamic prowess; a.k.a. washing off 2700 km worth of bug guts acquired on my road trip to Bristol, TN and western NC over the weekend.
GaryMulcahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 01:09 PM   #2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
Well it was actually yesterday

Had a blast at our local PCA Autocross
About 95 cars playing the flat 6 symphony

hey Jay, I was there too

navair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 08:10 AM   #2019

It was a Zaino kinda day...

[IMG] photo 746436B7-11B7-4CF7-9C30-EAE2DEFEDAF5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG] photo DA3958D5-5302-4DC5-804F-8166B75938D5.jpg[/IMG]
2001 Boxster S: Triple Black, Sport Package, Special Chasis Rigidly Tuned, Headlight Washers, Turbo Wheels, Litronics, Full Leather, 03 Top, Sumitomo HTR ZIII, IMS/RMS, Kenwood KDC-BT562U, DEPO Tails, Cocomats, KUDA Cellphone Holder, Ultimate Cupholders, Zaino Shine

PCA-MAGNOLIA
fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #2020

Looks good Fins!