Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #21

As someone who is NOT into debadging...I like the one on the spoiler...but agree the front windshield and deflector stickers seem to detract from the look of the car. I did my radiators last weekend...no where near as much crud but I have half your mileage... Looks good other than that!

mcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeper View Post
My opinion, which was solicited, is that the window decals look garish. If they don't know it's a Porsche then shoving it in their face won't help. I feel the very same when I see people buy license plate frames that state the very same thing that the back of your car says... you asked so take it for what it's worth.
I agree...it's akin to putting the yellow shields on the front fenders of a Ferrari.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:46 PM   #23

No stickers....but I'm a badge less kind of dude.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #24

The windshield sticker without the curve following the contour just looks awkward and Honda ish.

I'd say take it off and if you want that sticker then get one that follows the curves.

Nothing worse than a beautiful lady wearing something that doesn't fit right.

I don't have "Porsche" anywhere on my car but think it would be cool to have in on the popup spoiler that only shows when folks are having their doors sucked off as I rocket by them.

Where can I get a sticker for that?
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 08-22-2012 at 08:39 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #25
Ex Esso kid

Flea bay is full of items like spoiler stickers. as for "Nothing worse than a beautiful lady wearing something tacky". I'm jumping to the conclusion you meant humans and making my case as follows.

Maybe I'm just old but a beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, since you can't measure her heart with your eyes you really don't know what you have till you endeavor further. BUT just from a pure looks standpoint, I don't care if she's sporting a potato sack someone hideous to look at is seldom improved by dolche & gabbana, it's more likely in our culture that ugly is improved by a big fat wallet or in a best case scenario it is nullified by a beautiful core. Spend some time with a woman hotter than the sun surface who is also shallow and she will start looking less hot within seconds, conversely someone you might think is bland may electrify you if given a shot. Take a straw pole around here, I'll bet money most guys will say the hottest woman they took to bed was far from the best lover.

Last edited by Ghostrider 310; 08-22-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Ghostrider 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
as for "Nothing worse than a beautiful lady wearing something tacky". I'm jumping to the conclusion you meant humans and making my case as follows.

Maybe I'm just old but a beautiful woman is a beautiful woman, since you can't measure her heart with your eyes you really don't know what you have till you endeavor further. BUT just from a pure looks standpoint, I don't care if she's sporting a potato sack someone hideous to look at is seldom improved by dolche & gabbana, it's more likely in our culture that ugly is improved by a big fat wallet or in a best case scenario it is nullified by a beautiful core. Spend some time with a woman hotter than the sun surface who is also shallow and she will start looking less hot within seconds, conversely someone you might think is bland may electrify you if given a shot. Take a straw pole around here, I'll bet money most guys will say the hottest woman they took to bed was far from the best lover.
it was meant as an analogy:

Ie: First Impressions are lasting impressions, and since we are driving, fleeting first impressions are the majority of the experience.

Case in point, comparing A & B, with no further interaction which would you think is visually more pleasing. Same person different look.
The outfit makes a huge difference, don't you think?
Short Shifter, Touch Screen Dual Din Radio, 03 4 Bow glass Top (DD & Auto-X since May 17,2012)

Last edited by jb92563; 08-22-2012 at 09:06 AM.
jb92563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb92563 View Post

Case in point, comparing A & B, with no further interaction which would you think is visually more pleasing. Same person different look.
The outfit makes a huge difference, don't you think?
Both outfits really unattractive. First face moderately attractive, second face hideous. Not really sure I get your point.
NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #28

Where can I get a sticker for that?[/QUOTE]

SUNCOAST $19.95.

Last edited by jotoole; 08-23-2012 at 03:35 AM.
jotoole is offline   Reply With Quote