Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 01:06 AM   #1

Unhappy Vandalized... :(

Its 4am, I just got home from my buddy's who lives 6 houses down from me. Somewhere between 2-3am my car was vandalized in his driveway.

To put short, my entire sound system was destroyed, the radio stolen, my ipod, watch, all stolen, my top was sliced like 3 or 4 times, every single panel and seat in the car was slashed and stabbed...... the sound system was insured for $3500 by itself... I'm guessing all the damage in total to be in the neighborhood of $7-10k

$7,000-$10,000 Dollars, I can't begin to believe it. Im glad I have a Zero dollar deductible, but we don't have rental on the car.

To make matters worse/better, Im due to leave for New Orleans for a week from the 6th-13th (road trip with my buddies) I can't wait to go now, but all the repairs and hassle of everything........

I will post pictures later today after I try and get some sleep. This still feels like a bad dream. It's ok if I cry, right?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile..._4015248_n.jpg

Last edited by PlayersExpress; 05-31-2010 at 01:23 AM.
PlayersExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:29 AM   #2

Sorry to hear about your vandalism. You're right though, at least you have a zero deductible. You should try and get it repaired during your trip. That way you don't have to worry about renting a car (or maybe you still do as I don't know your situation).

It always hurts more when it first happens but once time passes and you start coming up with a plan for the repair, you will feel better. Unfortunately, still a pain and an inconvenience.

Good luck with the repair and hope you find out who did it (probably not though).

-Moto
MotoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:53 AM   #3

All seats slashed, just curious, do you have any ongoing issues with anyone? The seats sounds unnecessarily harsh for a stereo rip job, too bad you didn't catch them, likely teens or twenties, stuff might turn up at the local pawn shop where you can trace it back, long shot but if there is one near you...
eightsandaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:16 AM   #4

Time heals all wounds, hope you get it all sorded out and happy once a good job has been done best wishes. Know this won't make you feel better but I was upset the other day because sum ahole had spat on the back of mine and that washes off..........
Bellster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #5

My condolences to you and your car.... You should be careful. There's always a chance they might come back for round 2.
Parts for sale: 4-spoke Steering wheel, air bag, and leather cover ($350 + shipping), Rear zipper storage bin ($100 + shipping), CDR-210 Factory OEM radio, casing, and keys ($100 + shipping), Hand brake handle and hand brake sensor ($50 + shipping), Manual factory leather shift knob ($Free + shipping)
Tranlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:03 AM   #6
Track rat

Garage
Something doesn't pass the sniff test here...
Old 05-31-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I'm really sorry to hear about your car, it's awful that these kinds of things happen. I hope you get it all fixed and it ends up being better than before.
Have you filed a police report?
Old 05-31-2010, 12:53 PM   #8

Here are the pictures.... It took me all morning to bring myself to go out into the garage after getting off the phone with my insurance.

The police report was filed around 2:30 am when I found the car, and I'm not sure what you mean by that phrase Topless, I love my car just as much as anyone else, especially after dropping mega $$$ on putting in a new sound system and planning to drop a new engine into the car over the winter. I feel like a mini Jayy.

Oh, and in the seat pictures it is hard to tell but there are cuts going from the top of the headrest down besides the stabs, my camera couldnt pick them up in the lighting all too well.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:13 PM   #9

I don't think your pictures uploaded. I don't see anything. Hopefully, things go smoothly with the insurance and repair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayersExpress
Here are the pictures.... It took me all morning to bring myself to go out into the garage after getting off the phone with my insurance.

The police report was filed around 2:30 am when I found the car, and I'm not sure what you mean by that phrase Topless, I love my car just as much as anyone else, especially after dropping mega $$$ on putting in a new sound system and planning to drop a new engine into the car over the winter. I feel like a mini Jayy.

Oh, and in the seat pictures it is hard to tell but there are cuts going from the top of the headrest down besides the stabs, my camera couldnt pick them up in the lighting all too well.
Parts for sale: 4-spoke Steering wheel, air bag, and leather cover ($350 + shipping), Rear zipper storage bin ($100 + shipping), CDR-210 Factory OEM radio, casing, and keys ($100 + shipping), Hand brake handle and hand brake sensor ($50 + shipping), Manual factory leather shift knob ($Free + shipping)
Old 05-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #10

Old 05-31-2010, 01:21 PM   #11

Old 05-31-2010, 01:24 PM   #12

Sorry, the pics are now up.... my wireless has been hit or miss for every page all day.

Now I'm off to work. Happy Memorial Day everyone.

Old 05-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #13

i think what some are saying is a thief tries to remove and sell some thing . damaging the wiring or an unpopular radio are no nos. one cut is all thats needed to get into the car....why waist time cutting,slashing etc.....get the goods quick and leave ...ya dont hang around ...this seems like payback
extanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #14

Garage
Looking at your photos it does not appear that the cuts in your top were to gain access, was your car not locked?

Seems a little strange that your drivers window was not broken to gain access for them to steal your stereo......

Good luck but as was posted earlier, something just does not seem right here, maybe ex-girlfriend or someone else's girlfriend

Either way hope it gets resolved.
boxster6354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #15
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
I agree, it looks like someone tried to mask the vandalization as a theft, or was on a ridiculous amount of drugs.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #16

That literally looks like a hate crime! I can't begin to explain the sorrow I feel... You might want to start thinking of suspects that you know of though. That really does look like someone had it out for you.

WAAAAYYYY too much was done for it to have been random. Hope you find the person.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 PM   #17

****************ers...cry on bro. I get depressed at a CEL. This is a travesty, like it was personal
cworth12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #18

You've better get life insurance
jokes aside, sad, very sad.
edbelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:05 PM   #19

that's not a theft.

that is one of two things:

1) flat out vandalism of a very personal nature. YOU were a direct target of payback. Either someone you know that hates you, the boyfriend of some girl you are now sleeping with, or something similar...

2) insurance fraud. People with cars that have issues, and they want them all fixed up or totalled, will intentionally trash their own car then play it off as vandalism.

I'm not accusing you of fraud - I'm just saying that it seems like one of the two.

Insurance companies are very leery of fraud these days - and these kinds of incidents are often fraud masked as vandalism - I only say that so you are prepared for possible tough questions by the insurance company.

honestly - your car is likely totalled. all that leather to be fixed and replaced... on a car that is 10+ years old... odds are they will total it out and pay you off.

I am very sorry. My bro in law is black, bought a brand new Vette, and within a month of owing it, he came out to his g/f's parking lot to find swastikas scratched into almost every panel.... He was UPSET to say the least. while this isn't a hate crime - someone hates you a LOT...

i'd at the least be worried about who it was and why they did it.

Good luck with the insurance/repairs or finding a new boxster...

If you don't know who did it - and can't provide any reasonable clue as to who did it - while this may very well be an unusual random crime - be prepared for a skeptical insurance company.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:14 PM   #20

That is ****************ed up. Makes me kinda sad that people do stuff like that.

Viper5 is offline   Reply With Quote