Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #41

I appreciate it!
Don't get me wrong I love Porsche, but it just doesn't fit right at this point in my life, and I don't feel too worried about that because I'm only 19, almost 20! so I have plenty of time to fulfill my Porsche dream! Plus a M3 isn't too bad either, in fact it's awesome and doesn't look as flashy which is a plus given my current neighborhood... Porsche > BMW on a track any day though.

Nineteen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #42

Got some Answers!
I spoke with the owner this morning and he was very friendly. He insisted on telling me a little-bit about the company. They have been manufacturing parts for Porsches for 26 years and an official supplier to Porsche for 22 years. They manufacture also panels for RUF as well as Tech-art. He advised that they have been manufacturing the body kits for all GT2s and GT3s coming out of Porsche’s assembly lines.

The base roof which he insisted is already extremely well finished and all hardware which comes as part of the assembly is OEM Porsche.
Prices starts at €2,420 (€2,480 for the 987) but they currently run a “special” for the complete top at €2,150.

They also offer options such as:
• The same roofs can be made out of carbon fiber / Kevlar for an additional €295.
• Carbon interior for €320,
• Optimized Thermal/sound-proofing for €88
• locking receptor kits for €52.

All prices are without tax and FOB their location in France.
They have sold to US private parties in the past and in all these instances the buyers organized their own freight.
A group buy can be negotiated.

I asked for the weight difference between their standard top (44lbs) and the carbon fiber version and will post the answer when available.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #43

Thank you very much for the information! I just have to find out how much that is in US Dollars, but I can already tell it's more than the Zeintop (I think).. was that price painted or non painted? It's alright if he didn't tell you, thanks again man I appreciate it.
Nineteen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #44

Here are the prices in dollars using today's rate of 1 : 1.3232

Complete top $2844.88
Carbon roof $390.34
Carbon interior $423.42
Sound / thermal $116.44
Locking kit $68.81

Last edited by timothy; 01-16-2009 at 12:59 PM.
timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #45

I believe it is finished (painted) but I will confirm.
The major difference with the Zeintop is that in this case the installation takes about 10 seconds whereas with the zeintop it's not something you do quickly...