Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2004, 11:26 AM   #21
Forum Contributor

well, I just emailed him to see if he'll bite on me purchasing it off of ebay. I acted so confused as to why it was gone???? waiting for his response

kmanscam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 03:24 AM   #22
porsche986

well ebay is well monitored by police and FBI ect...

a listed a gas boiler for £502 around 6 month ago, now these cost about £800 but i fit so many of them i get them for £430.

anyways my plan was to sell them at £502 then ship them off but i wouldnt buy one untill i sold one. Anyways i was raided by police as they thought i was stealing them. They tracked me down within 2 hours of listing it.

It just shows how much its monitored. I did not even get sorry from the cops but they did feel a little stupid as it was the UK task force lol..

I think its a great idea about your website, i have seen someone on ebay with a hacked username called " BEWARE THIS ITEM IS FRAUD" and he has somehow hacked ebay to list a website url where his feedback would be. When clicking on his website he explains he is a pissed of ebayer who has been ripped off by mobile phone scams and although ebay keeps closing his account down he just keeps opening it back up.. good idea.

03 911 for 15k lol
Old 12-20-2004, 03:52 AM   #23
porsche986

use the old html smasher to get your site listed on google first and fool those google spiders..

Last edited by porsche986; 12-20-2004 at 03:54 AM.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:43 AM   #24
Forum Contributor

htlm smasher? I've never heard of this. You have this program? or a link to it? I know nothing about it, but I"d like to get the site high on all of the search engines.

thanks in advance
Old 12-20-2004, 08:58 AM   #25
porsche986

yer i will sort it for you, its tricky to run and need to run from proxy..

i will program it today and it will be ready in 48 hours, its kind of a trick to fool the google bots/spiders so they run in the front, out the back and again and again and again...

it will start climbing.. just keep watching.. it takes 6 month to register on google but when i launch my proggy try 6 mins... lol
Old 01-01-2005, 06:38 AM   #26

Send a message via AIM to bamaboxster
Its a shame ebay has gone to crap within the past 2 years. I have bought and sold cars without any problem in the past.

It has been a ghost town lately for selling and buying cars.

Creeps like this guy in "Rome" ruin it for everyone else now and in the future. Now I know why people are "whiting out" their licence plates in car photos placed on forums and on the internet. Its to avoid any trouble from other idiots using your photo.

Another interesting thing I have seen are car photos that have been photoshopped covering damage or some other issues with a car.

I hope something can be done to weed out these jerks before someone starts screaming for the government to get involved in things on e-commerce.

Other things I find disturbing in that e-mail

1) Air Shipment of a running vehicle
2) "Should pass throught customs..."
3) Will cover shipping
4) The car is overseas

1-3) The expense alone for shipping a vehicle by air vs. how much this guy is selling the car for is rediculous. If you were able to ship a car via air on a normal cargo plane, there are hazardous material issues involved with a running car, i.e. fuel, coolant, oils, etc.

Most likely this car will be shipped on a boat or strapped down in a container on a boat.

2) Nothing since 911 just sails through customs. My 03 VW Beetle Turbo Convertible sat down at the port in customs for 9 weeks after it got here to the main land from Mexico. I ended up buying something else on the 8th week.

4) A vin # to verify the registered owner and registered location of the vehicle would help in the add.

Dave

Last edited by bamaboxster; 01-01-2005 at 06:59 AM.
bamaboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #27
Forum Contributor

Great post... and great info.

Most people think they will just get a car in like 4-7 days. I've seen countless say, the car will be delivered to the nearest port in 5 days for pickup.

I've only seen ONE ebay auction from "overseas" that charged $2500 to be put in a container from japan and shipped.

thanks for the info and checking out the site