Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #21

Removed by thenavarro

Last edited by thenavarro; 12-11-2008 at 05:54 PM.
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #22

Fight them tooth and nail on everything. Ask your independent shop for a statement as to what caused the issue, and escalate it with the warranty company. Don't threaten just yet, just state the facts and be persistent. IF that doesn't work then you need to step it up on the forums, and send a letter to consumerist.com and other customer service blogs you can find. Lawyer up to negotiate a settlement and drop a 996 engine in that badboy.
HammerESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:31 PM   #23

When Fidelity took over administration of my company's health care plan they screwed up and stopped deducting payments from my wife's paycheck. I didn't notice (direct deposit) until they canceled the family's health care.
I asked them for a bill and volunteered to pay for each of the months they forgot to deduct but they refused to reinstate, claiming it was our fault for not noticing their oversight.

One threatening letter from a lawyer got immediate resolution. Full reinstatement and a verbal apology.

It's painful but worth it. Hire a lawyer to send a letter on his letterhead. Good luck.
headdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Talk to someone in charge. Inform them that the data inputted into the document by them is false. Your car could not possibly have a 2.5L,also if I remember correctly it was a base which would have a 5-spd(not a 6-spd). Inform them there is no way you will accept any decision by them until they can figure out the correct information on your car. Then take it from there.

Give them hell. :troll:

I had of hell of time fighting with my insurance company on what was happening to my 99' when I crashed. They didn't want to replace stuff and they wanted to cut corners. I kept a FIRM hand on what I wanted done and wouldn't sign for anything until it was the right/fair decision.

Keep your pimp hand strong!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:32 PM   #25
blkboxster

i agree with blinkwatt stay firm and strong.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #26

Just a free bump so Warranty Direct can get the advertising they deserve.

Mike
Old 01-19-2008, 05:03 AM   #27
EE3racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000
I agree, keep on then and pressure them. Threatening with calling the Better Business bureau or threatening to sue will get there attention and make them reconsider. Best of Luck!

BBB has no strength.....Trust me on this one, make copies of the documents, outline the strengths of your argument, keep the letter polite and brief..Then send the entire package to your state attorney general, you may even want to tell the insurance company you plan such action as just the threat of that kind of heat usually gets their attention, good luck, sorry bout the engine.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by xusmnimij
BBB has no strength.....Trust me on this one, make copies of the documents, outline the strengths of your argument, keep the letter polite and brief..Then send the entire package to your state attorney general, you may even want to tell the insurance company you plan such action as just the threat of that kind of heat usually gets their attention, good luck, sorry bout the engine.
agreed...your states AG is the way to go...
peakpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:14 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by peakpro
agreed...your states AG is the way to go...

Actually, in many states, these warranties are considered insurance and are regulated by the insurance depts. These depts have complaint depts and again, depending on the state, can be quite responsive.

You may want to check this out.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:30 AM   #30
EE3racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee
Actually, in many states, these warranties are considered insurance and are regulated by the insurance depts. These depts have complaint depts and again, depending on the state, can be quite responsive.

You may want to check this out.

This is a good call too, it's inexcusable for these warranties to pull this nonsense. If they did their homework and decided Boxsters needed a special premium due to their propensity to blow up, then fine, however their lack of foresight isn't your problem.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #31

I know it's been a ******************** lately, but bless this country for having all these levels of recourse for the consumer (without having too many and turning into a regulatory nightmare). It's by no means perfect, but it does put things in perspective vs. some places in the world.

-David
http://www.darkoven.com/sig.jpg
David N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:23 AM   #32

I second the NYS Attorney General's Office route. They were very helpful and successful in a rebate dispute I recently had. The BBB was useless, however with my complaint last year against Warranty Direct. It seems that Warranty Direct is a "Sponsor / Member" of the BBB and as such is treated with "kid gloves" by the BBB. They obviously don't want to bite the hand that's feeding them. Good luck in any case.

Tom
z281974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:30 AM   #33
EE3racing

Oh DUDE I didn't know you lived in NY, the NYS AG kicks ass, that's the same office I had to use against an unscrupulous Searay dealer. By the time the NYS AG was done with them they were offering me a cash refund in full or repairs, you can count on that office unlike so many other lame government entities.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #34

so how did the whole thing end, did they pay?
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:30 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZang
so how did the whole thing end, did they pay?
It is still going on and upon advice of counsel, I can't say much right now. Looks promising though. I'll update the thread when we have a final resolution.

If it hadn't been for legal representation, then I'm sad to say in my opinion that they probably wouldn't have honored their commitment or contract.

Mike
Old 06-18-2008, 05:07 PM   #36
kls

I think we all appreciate finding out about the problems with Warranty Direct. I called them for a quote on my 04 several months ago, and I decided against it. My fear was exactly what happened to you - get big claim and suddenly they aren't your friend anymore. Another thing to be aware of is that once you talk to them, you will hear from them constantly. Of course the repeated contacts are simply concern that you may be driving an uninsured car and putting yourself at risk - but it can be annoying.
kls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:29 PM   #37

Mike, after you get your motor rebuilt or replaced by them, sue them to recoup your lawyer fees!

What a total pain. Sadly, I hear the same thing about PCNA not covering major engine issues in CPO cars.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:38 PM   #38

i had a problem with these warranty people when i first bought my car. aside from the dealer trying to steal my warranty money (he never turned it in...kept my $1800), i had an oil issue about a month after i bought the car and they were of no help. i came home one day, and oil was raining down from under the car. after taking it to a porsche dealer (i bought it from a "luxury" car lot), they told me the other dealer tried to re-use the valve cover gaskets and cover them with sealant. one of the cam plugs fell out, and that's where the oil was coming from. the warranty people wouldn't cover the bill, and said they don't cover seals and gaskets. the old dealer wouldn't pay porsche, he told me he'd fix it for free if i brought it to him. i just bit the bullet, and paid the bill ($1500)! i immediately cancelled the warranty after that.

that internally lubricated parts clause is so vague. after they told me that, i asked them "if something goes wrong internally, do you usually relate it to an external issue?" after avoiding the question, the lady never fully answered me, but she did say that a lot of times it's due to neglect. that pretty much told me right there how they treat claims. good luck though! i hope it all works out for you!
csu15919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:54 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Mike, after you get your motor rebuilt or replaced by them, sue them to recoup your lawyer fees!

What a total pain. Sadly, I hear the same thing about PCNA not covering major engine issues in CPO cars.
HI Randall,

I already replaced it on my own nickel. Now I'm trying to recover the funds from them, including all the indidentals such as legal, alternate transportation while mine was out and they delayed, interest on having to use my own funds, etc., etc, etc. I want them to make me whole.

Mike

Last edited by thenavarro; 06-18-2008 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #40

Just a quick update to those that are interested in this thread:

After two letters from my attorney and a slew of documentation, Warranty Direct made me a settlement offer a week or so ago for $4800.00 and change. They have now made up a different reason to deny the rest of my claim above that though. This is getting absurd, as we debunk their reasons, they simply make up another.

As indicated earlier, I'm not letting them off the hook so easily for something I paid for and that I feel I am entitled to. I instructed my lawyer to deny the offer and give them a deadline to make me whole and to send them a copy of the filled out paperwork to show them we are serious about filing. If they don't make me whole, then we are going for everything I'm entitled to plus attorney's fees, plus expert witness fees, plus all arbitration fees plus interest. I was going to file earlier, but on the last deadline day we gave them, they made the above offer, so they are at least beginning to show that they realize they have responsibility.

Mike