Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2007, 03:58 AM   #21

I went to a PCA event in March and when I got back to my car there was a booger on my front fender. You could even see where they had to swirl their finger around the fender to get it to stick.

Although I was glad that the vandalism was not permanent, I was blown away that someone stood out in public with their finger in their nose, probably looked at it, then wipe their "prize" on my car. I was parked in a row of all beautiful Porsches so I'm sure it was just bad luck mine was chosen.

DJOMLAS, just be glad the attack was not permanent. They could have keyed the paint or ripped the top. Hopefully that makes you feel somewhat better.

00' Boxster S, 00' E46 BMW - DD, 03' LR Disco - Wife's car, '84 300ZX turbo - owned for over 22 years, 82' 911 SC - Gone but not forgotten
Rob-00BoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 04:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer
Ever since I got the Boxster, I've been experiencing quite a bit of road-rage -- cut-off on the freeway, verbal abuse -- called a rich spoiled brat and a ************************ (the latter even on this forum).....all this to a point that I sometimes wish I was driving a regular dud ...
-- peer

In defense of this forum, if the name calling you speak of is from the threat I think you are referring to, you were not called names because you have a Boxster. I'll leave it at that.

00' Boxster S, 00' E46 BMW - DD, 03' LR Disco - Wife's car, '84 300ZX turbo - owned for over 22 years, 82' 911 SC - Gone but not forgotten
Rob-00BoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:27 AM   #23

Angry

Not ot turn this thread political, but personally, I lay a lot of this very bad behavior at the foot of our elected pols. Many of these guys do nothing but play on class and racial stereotypes and warfare.

"Vote for me because the other guy is ........ and you need me to look out for your interest.

Liberals and conservatives, blue and red states, black and white, rich and poor, it is simply fodder for the election machine.

Notice I don't call these guys leaders because in my view, they are not. True leaders seek to unite, not divide.

Sorry but I actually think it is relevent here. Some guy walks by, sees the "rich man's Porsche" and acts on petty instincts instead of what he knows to be the right thing to do, which is to walk on by.

Shame on him and the a..-clown that is on the news spouting his class warfare nonsense.

Last edited by Brucelee; 05-26-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 07:52 AM   #24

Rob-00BoxsterS wrote:
> In defense of this forum, if the name calling you speak of is from
> the threat I think you are referring to, you were not called names
> because you have a Boxster. I'll leave it at that.

In the defense of reason, I believe anyone who has to resort to name calling in lieu of facts isn't better than the called name. I'll leave it at that.

-- peer
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:11 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer
Rob-00BoxsterS wrote:
> In defense of this forum, if the name calling you speak of is from
> the threat I think you are referring to, you were not called names
> because you have a Boxster. I'll leave it at that.

In the defense of reason, I believe anyone who has to resort to name calling in lieu of facts isn't better than the called name. I'll leave it at that.

-- peer

Let's not re-open old wounds.

That is not why we are here.

Thanks

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #26

At least there was no paint damage. 2 weeks after I got my car I guess someone was jealous and decided to key it. Didn't write anything, just a group of 1 to 2 inch scratches right above the intake duct. Had to get that repaired after only 2 weeks of owning the car, now that pissed me off.
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #27

Smile It happens to us all and all cars???....

I have had VW,BMW,Mercs,Porsche,Volvo all damaged by Feckwits. The world is full of them. I still love my Porsche. Remember....straight lines are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers
Phill Dougan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:30 AM   #28

Question tough Jury/Judge

I recently performed my civic duty for our judicial system and sat on a Jury. This case was over quickily and ended in a Guilty verdict. An individual's 2006 911 was keyed, badly, while parked in a movie theaters parking lot . Seeking compensation from the theater was the intent, only to find that the theater had some excellent video survelance tape, which the Jury saw. There are some prety stupid people in this world. Not only does the tape clearly catch the nut case, but the vehicle from which HE drove and you see emerging from-plates and all. I was surprized to find out this was not your average thug, but an indiviual, one might think, on the list of least likelys' to perform such a dumb act, a local public high school teacher! In addition to paying for the repair-(never new Porsche paint jobs costs so much), he received 250 hrs of community service, is on suspension of his teaching duties, pending school board review, and no doubt a bunch of upcomming negative press. DUMB!
Frank Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 08:38 AM   #29

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
and we pay for school so much...wow
so wait, he just drove there to scratch it, or was he jsut parked and decided to scratch it as he was leaving?
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #30

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Patrick
I recently performed my civic duty for our judicial system and sat on a Jury. This case was over quickily and ended in a Guilty verdict. An individual's 2006 911 was keyed, badly, while parked in a movie theaters parking lot . Seeking compensation from the theater was the intent, only to find that the theater had some excellent video survelance tape, which the Jury saw. There are some prety stupid people in this world. Not only does the tape clearly catch the nut case, but the vehicle from which HE drove and you see emerging from-plates and all. I was surprized to find out this was not your average thug, but an indiviual, one might think, on the list of least likelys' to perform such a dumb act, a local public high school teacher! In addition to paying for the repair-(never new Porsche paint jobs costs so much), he received 250 hrs of community service, is on suspension of his teaching duties, pending school board review, and no doubt a bunch of upcomming negative press. DUMB!
My god! "Who knows why crazy people do these things" --Hippy Father, from Darma & Greg

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #31
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Patrick
I'm shocked that this person did this. What a shame. Did the teacher explain why he did it?

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 04:29 PM   #32

Send a message via AIM to ultimate1 Send a message via Yahoo to ultimate1
I had a co worker that just chose to rip on me because I am a NY Jets fan and he started saying that I am trash and that I drive an aftermarket loaded Mazda. I chuckled and responded that I have never owned a Mazda and my Porsche is outside since he is so concerned about what I drive. Then the prick had the audacity to suggest that it is in my Father's name. Another bull**************** comment from an immature idiot. My Boxster is all mine. To top it all off that shut the idiot up in front of about 5 other co-workers.

The next day the idiot tries to apologize and I accept. Then he starts trying to size me up by asking why didnt I buy the 996, what year is my car, and that I should have bought an S. I told the idiot that he needs to size up other people because his jealous comments will not be tolerated. This idiots life must really suck as he drives a BMW that is always in the shop. The funny thing is that shortly after I put him in his place he actually became an alright guy to work with.

Living in Palm Beach Florida, not too many compliments but not too many derogatory comments either. Most people drive nice cars.

ultimate1 is offline   Reply With Quote