986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   jealous people, wtf? crawl into your hole and die (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11386)

djomlas 05-24-2007 07:23 PM

jealous people, wtf? crawl into your hole and die

had a long day, left the house at 6am to go to school, night class and all, come to my car at 9.15 pm.
car is covered with spit.
someone actually took their time to spit all over my car.

when i say all over, i mean both the trunks, front bumper, both mirrors, both doors, soft top, rear bumper, windshield, even one big one all over the porsche badge. what in the hell?

ive been parking at that spot for long time and one single proble, little residential street. wow

it started to rain after i left so most of it got washed, i think it was a sign hehe, couse as i left it started POURING like crazy hard

weird thing is, no one knows me at that street, and i dont drive like maniac trough there, as there is a school there, it hink like 3rd grade or something, so i dunno,
it was just disgusting

great day :mad:
yes yes, it could be worse, i learned to tell that to myself all the time now, so im taking it better than i used to lol, but this is just retarted

JP-s-in st. louis 05-24-2007 08:22 PM

Yep the Boxster has an odd spot in society. There are 2 different mind sets.

1. you the Porsche owner are a snob and you and your car should be treated poorly for it. Oh and you make way too much money.

Or

2. The 911 and other sports car people think.... "Oh it is a Porsche with panties or oh it is only a Boxster"...

Not many of us consider it to be a nice fun sporty car that has good not great performance. Sure there are other cars that sell for less money that maybe faster in a straight line and can be modded for less to be faster around a track. My point here is that it is just a car and that is how I look at it, it is not a status symbol. Not many cars do everything as well out of the box as well as the Boxster.

Sory about your bad day

cartagena 05-24-2007 08:22 PM

They should be broken on the wheel.

Where's my car? 05-24-2007 08:49 PM

I agree, some Cayman at my school got keyed up a few months ago. i was sad and scared at the same time

blinkwatt 05-24-2007 09:12 PM

This is why I don't drive my Boxster to College,I've personally see people break into cars & vandalize school property in 1 semester,who knows what they would do to the Box.

r9i8c7k 05-24-2007 09:48 PM

Losers...World is full of them.

djomlas 05-24-2007 10:23 PM

i didnt drive it to college.
i parked it a few blocks from the train station, in a little residential area.
ive been parking there for 4 yrs now, with all different cars, and nothing until today.

Peer 05-25-2007 12:01 AM

Djomlas wrote:
> someone actually took their time to spit all over my car.

Perhaps they've seen you driving your nice car with your lovely GF... and got jealous, who knows. The insecurity among some people just boggles the mind. But at least they didn't bump into the car as someone did with mine: http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10463

-- peer

fab 05-25-2007 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP-s-in st. louis

"Oh it is a Porsche with panties or oh it is only a Boxster"...

Never heard that one LOL.....

it's a sad world we live in...lots of angry people out there..and growing

Peer 05-25-2007 04:06 AM

Ever since I got the Boxster, I've been experiencing quite a bit of road-rage -- cut-off on the freeway, verbal abuse -- called a rich spoiled brat and a ************************ (the latter even on this forum), bumped into a couple of times -- http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10463 , etc, etc. -- all this to a point that I sometimes wish I was driving a regular dud (or only used my Ducati).

-- peer

1JB 05-25-2007 05:06 AM

Sounds like a bunch of kids. Forget about it but park somewhere else.

986speedster 05-25-2007 05:22 AM

Peer, a boxster and a ducati? you are a spoiled brat! Just Kidding. DJOMLAS, that is messed up. Park your car there again, hide in the bushes with a stun gun, and zap them when they try this again!!

Peer 05-25-2007 06:10 AM

986speedster wrote:
> Peer, a boxster and a ducati? you are a spoiled brat!

Oh, fook you too!

That's it -- now I'm getting a Toyota Corolla and a tricycle ;^)

-- peer

986speedster 05-25-2007 06:53 AM

Not To Rob Djomlas's Thrread, But What Type Duc? 996,998,999?

Peer 05-25-2007 07:31 AM

986speedster wrote:
> Not To Rob Djomlas's Thrread, But What Type Duc? 996,998,999?

Here it is:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~peer/Duc/duc-900Progetto.html

-- peer

Chills 05-25-2007 09:24 AM

That really sucks, DJ. I worry about stuff happening to my car when I drive it to work. Fortunatly there are usually 3 or 4 Carreras, a couple of Maseratis, and a Bentley that regularly park in the same garage I park in. I think that would draw attention from my green box.

bmussatti 05-25-2007 09:42 AM

DJ, sorry about your recent car issue.

I don't think it was spit, though. I bet your car was slimmed by a band of Cicadas, who were trying to mate with your green/blue beauty...and multiple red eyes. Think about it!

2000SoCalBoxsterS 05-25-2007 02:11 PM

Djomlas, that really does suck. I feel your pain. This past week some kids egged my daily driver. My son had his new Honda CRV about two weeks before somebody poured a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts frapechino all over his drivers side door and door handle. Then my niece had her new (but used) Honda Accord and within the first couple of weeks some kids keyed it. There are too many A'holes out there. :mad:

Boxtaboy 05-25-2007 02:24 PM

Sorry about your experience DJ.

I'll probably jinx myself with this comment, but my Boxster has never been vandalized. I've parked in the street in Manhattan when I go out on weekends, I park it in shopping centers in NJ and Long Island all the time, and never a key, spit, spilled drink on it, or any dents. My Litronics have never been stolen either. Knock on wood. I'm thinking that part of the reason for this is that my car is silver color. Maybe would be vandals figure since the car is basically colorless already, why bother keying it?...underneath the paint is basically the same color anyway. LOL

I have, however, had my previous cars keyed- a black BMW 3 series, and a red 944. My Benz CLK coupe, also silver, was never vandalized in any way. Maybe a flashy color that makes vandals think a fresh deep key mark would make a noticeable difference is the culprit? :rolleyes:

David N. 05-26-2007 03:05 AM

I live in the West side, and I know that the Boxster is a tiny fish here in Merc and Bimmer-land. Every morning I see at least one or two Cayenne Turbos, plenty of 6-series, 7-series, SL500s, and loads of 911s. Never had any trouble with road-rage, and rarely get looks except by people that actually know me. The Boxster here is like owning a motorcycle: cheap, nimble, and basic for those that can (or have to) scrape by.

Kinda nice and yet humbling at the same time..but I still treat it like a Ferrari ;)

-David