Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 07:50 AM   #21
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Does anyone know why Porsche doesn't put these sort of braces in from the factory from the get go? I went to a local PCA tech session at an indy shop that makes money from installing performance add ons, and the one thing that kind of surprised me during the lecture by the owner of the shop was that he said, "be wary of some of these "performance enhancing" add ons....if Porsche thought a simple, inexpensive metal rod connecting the struts would help improve the car's handling, believe me, they certainly would have put it in from the start."

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red

Last edited by Boxtaboy; 05-19-2007 at 08:02 AM.
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:09 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
Does anyone know why Porsche doesn't put these sort of braces in from the factory from the get go? I went to a local PCA tech session at an indy shop that makes money from installing performance add ons, and the one thing that kind of surprised me during the lecture by the owner of the shop was that he said, "be wary of some of these "performance enhancing" add ons....if Porsche thought a simple metal rod connecting the struts would help improve the car's handling, believe me, they certainly would have put it in from the start."
The same reason they put in the CRAPPY INTERIOR PLASTIC TRIM and sun visors that fall apart if you actually use them, and the foam in the heating vents that comes out every time you put the fan on, cup holders that need to be handled with surgical gloves or they'll fall apart etc..etc..etc..

Answere, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$

Like Jim Says, Hope This Helps
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:22 AM   #23

Porsche does build strut bracing into the Boxster. Do a search on PCA.org about strut braces. I know that at least on the Boxster S they are apparantly not necessary due to the way Porsche integrated that bracing function into the firewall car frame. And I don't think the "S" has a different body frame from the non "S".
2000SoCalBoxsterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #24

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
or why did they only give us so few HP?

exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote