Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 05:45 AM   #1

Comments You've Received on your Boxster

I was sitting in down town Port Jefferson, Ny on a bench eating my ice cream when a younger couple walked up to my car and just stopped and starting pointing at things on and in the car. I was sitting close enough to hear them talk. The guy "man, this is my dream car" The girl "drueling" Oh and while I am driving, I would have to say it is not the girls that stare as much as the guys. Kinda sux. LOL All the other boxster owners always ask what kind mine is or how come theres' does not look like that. LOL Factory aero kit and some wheels and spring and upgraded lights does the trick, the headers and exhaust note does not hurt either.
POST YOUR STORIES

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:25 AM   #2

Well, just after I had gotten a Porsche, one of the more bizarre comments I heard was from no other than my own dad; "Aha, so you finally got that Nazi-go-cart you always wanted." (his so-called humor should be seen in the light of that he went to school and got his degree in Hitler's birth country, and he also experienced the 2nd w-war first hand)

-- peer
Peer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:29 AM   #3

Oh man.. I think that wins already within 2 posts.
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 06:54 AM   #4

I've been surprised at how many people ask me what kind of car mine is. I also had a redneck approach me from the back of the car and say "That's a nice car. Boxster... who makes that? Dodge?" I thought that was kinda funny.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:10 AM   #5

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
I've had a funny thing ask when my aunt seen my car the 2nd time, The first time she knew it was a Porsche right away... The second time she seen it, The Porsche emblem was replaced with a RUF emblem and she said oh did you trade your porsche for that Toyota?!!?! Funny how people many people dont know what a porsche is unless they see the hood emblem.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:38 AM   #6

I was sitting in mine, top down, at the marina last summer. A guy walked by, stopped and turned, and asked me "Is that a Ferrari?" Obviously not a car guy.
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #7

i had a guy come into the diner I was in and say "who left the lights on their Toyota spyder?"
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:35 AM   #8

I've only had mine for around a month, but I'm surprised by how many people think the car is brand new. I almost feel guilty, because I'm generally very modest and would never spend 40-50k on a car. I tell them it was either this or a brand new Civic!

That's one of the great things about the Boxster, it still looks very similar to the new models and has a timeless design.
Atari-style PCM Navigation
OEM Carrera Lights
B&M clone short shifter
Crappy stereo
HIFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:59 AM   #9

Smile Chp

Falling victim to a speed trap here in So. Cal., and in middle of doing some radio up-grades; so radio missing; as the Police Officer was handing me my ticket, he noticed the missing radio and said- "Ha, just like you Prosche guys to remove a $1000,00 dollar radio, just to save a little weight"!
Frank Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Patrick
Falling victim to a speed trap here in So. Cal., and in middle of doing some radio up-grades; so radio missing; as the Police Officer was handing me my ticket, he noticed the missing radio and said- "Ha, just like you Prosche guys to remove a $1000,00 dollar radio, just to save a little weight"!
Haha, nice. I would have said "It was stolen... Maybe it wouldn't be missing if you guys weren't wasting so much time writing up traffic violations."
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschekid
Haha, nice. I would have said "It was stolen... Maybe it wouldn't be missing if you guys weren't wasting so much time writing up traffic violations."
Wrong thread... that belong in the "Things not to say to a Police Officer" thread.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #12

I had a guy pull up next to me at a gas station as I was filling up. I could hear him tell his son..."Look at him, he's putting his gas in the front, must go directly to the engine..." He was missing several teeth...
IowaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #13

Pulled up to a hotel, parked and and opened front & rear trunks for the bellman to retrieve the bags when an elderly couple looked quizzically and asked, "where's the engine?" With a straight face, I said, "It's solar powered". They smiled, nodded and said, "nice".

Another time when getting gas around dusk, a woman approached me and asked, "Does your car change colors?"

Fellow Ocean Blue owners know what I'm talking about.
BoxsterBob - CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:20 AM   #14

Another Ferrari

I was driving through a local Park and as I passed a couple riding their bikes I heard the guy say to the girl, "That's a Ferrari".
Jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 04:44 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer
"Aha, so you finally got that Nazi-go-cart you always wanted."
LMAO!!! I accidentally spit on my computer screen from lauging at this! I love it! I'm quoting this in my sig!
pompous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #16

This is beginning to sound like elitist posts... I thought LAMBO had bigger egos but do continue because I find this amusing.
porscheracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheracer
This is beginning to sound like elitist posts... I thought LAMBO had bigger egos but do continue because I find this amusing.
How so? Relating funny comments we've heard?

Aren't you being a bit elitist by thinking you're somehow superior to us because you find this "amusing"?
Old 05-05-2007, 09:43 AM   #18

Send a message via AIM to 7th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaS
I had a guy pull up next to me at a gas station as I was filling up. I could hear him tell his son..."Look at him, he's putting his gas in the front, must go directly to the engine..." He was missing several teeth...
tooo tooo tooo funny lol!!!

pca member
7th gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #19

paper towels

We had just gotten back from Target, and I was pulling big pack of paper towels from the front trunk, while my wife was grabbing the rest of the bags from the back. A guy walking down the street stopped and asked
"did i just see you pull paper towels out of your engine?"
humara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 05:07 PM   #20

Last year I was traveling to Fort Leonard Wood from Florida, it got late and severe weather had moved in and I decided that I better find a place to rest for the night, I was about 100 miles north of Metropolis and saw a Holiday Inn, I pulled in under the canopy and as I was checking in, the news was on and they said golf ball hail was expected, as I gasped, the lady at the counter ask what was wrong, I said I didn't have a car cover and I was concern the hail was going to damage my car, she looked out and ask is that your car? staring at my nice black Boxster, I said yeah, she said, you know, our shuttle bus is in the shop and you are more than welcome to park in its vacant spot (under the canopy) and besides we'll be able to keep an eye on it for you, best compliment I could have ever imagine, to that lady, THANKS, to any Holiday Inn Excecs that may be on this forum, THANKS for hiring folks like that.

johne4 is offline   Reply With Quote