Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 10:51 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to YellowJacket
I'd still be weary. I'd definitely require that they put their intentions in writing.

Also, I'm not sure why they want you to pay the first payment first. To me, that likely transfers the burden from the dealership to the finance company. I could envision a scenario where the dealership assumes responsibility for potential mistakes in the loan package until the customer pays the first payment, based on the assumption that when you pay a payment, you're implicitly saying that there are no problems w/ the financing. As such, I'd push to have this worked out BEFORE any payment is made.

YellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowJacket
I'd still be weary. I'd definitely require that they put their intentions in writing.

Also, I'm not sure why they want you to pay the first payment first. To me, that likely transfers the burden from the dealership to the finance company. I could envision a scenario where the dealership assumes responsibility for potential mistakes in the loan package until the customer pays the first payment, based on the assumption that when you pay a payment, you're implicitly saying that there are no problems w/ the financing. As such, I'd push to have this worked out BEFORE any payment is made.

DJ, saw my brother go through a terrible experince with Jeep in Schaumburg and I too would still be leary, don't want to make you uneasy or anything but I would get anything regarding this in writting, if the only contract that exists that is signed is the one with the balloon payment, I would not rest easy at night,

did they give you an explanation regarding why having to wait for the first payment??? sticky situation and nice catch on your part, too bad they tried to pull it....I wouldn't trust them....they should rip up the thing today and start over but that's just my take on it.....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:41 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsquire

As it turns out it looks like he's making headway.
Hi,

You're correct, but to me the logical thing would have been to approach the Dealer first, state your case, and then if no correction is taken to seek assistance elsewhere, but that's just me I guess...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:09 AM   #24

I'd start at the dealer level, if they take a FU position then you need to decide how bad you want a fair outcome. Tell the dealer owner your mom will be driving the car around with a "Sullivan Pontiac are lying *******" sign in the window, tends to get their attention real fast. I played that tune on a smug Searay dealer once and he was tripping over his own **** (censored, I forgot free speech has been stabbed to death by Bushco) to fix the situation, good luck.

Last edited by Brucelee; 03-27-2007 at 06:36 AM.
B&TRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:14 AM   #25

Hey B&T - maybe you could edit your post. We try and keep it pretty clean here... Thanks!

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpete
Hey B&T - maybe you could edit your post. We try and keep it pretty clean here... Thanks!

Hey pete, "cock" is in the bible, better get busy on the phone to swaggert & roberts.
B&TRepair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:54 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&TRepair
Hey pete, "cock" is in the bible, better get busy on the phone to swaggert & roberts.
You know, I usually just walk away - but you're new here.

I'm pretty sure I didn't mention any religious reasons for asking you to edit your post - to infer otherwise is a knee jerk reaction to a simple comment I made. Nor do I believe in the supression of free speach.

However, I have been on this board long enough to know what is and what isn't acceptable HERE. This isn't a "free speach" area no matter what you may believe. Threads and posts are frequently edited, locked, and censored. To that, many have complained, we have had discussions, and some have even left.

Like it or not - it's not my forum nor is it yours. I was giving you advice that might keep your post from being deleted. If you can't take friendly advice or if you have a problem writing coherent comments without using profanity - then maybe this isn't the forum for you. If not, then welcome aboard.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #28
bmussatti

B&TRepair, that was a fast membership! Don't let the door hit ya in the a$$!

(see this is the proper way to use profanity!)
Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 AM   #29

jeesh....7 posts and long and gone...where that idiot come from?
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:27 AM   #30

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
jeesh....7 posts and long and gone...where that idiot come from?

Don't worry, there are plenty more like him out there!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:28 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
B&TRepair, that was a fast membership! Don't let the door hit ya in the a$$!

(see this is the proper way to use profanity!)
You da man!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote