Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster & Cayman Detailing Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2021, 06:10 AM   #1
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,390
vinyl wrap in Arctic Silver color

Hi y'all;
I've searched and searched because I know I've seen it on this forum, but I can't find it.

Does anyone have the information about the Vinyl Wrap that matches the Arctic Silver?

Thanks In Advance!!

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:24 PM   #2
1998 Boxster Silver/Red
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 92262
Posts: 2,306
Hey Boss...

You might find your answer in this thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/850808-arctic-silver-wrap-2.html

And I STILL haven't found that emblem I promised you. When I do... it'll go in the mail.
__________________
1998 Porsche Boxster
1986 BMW 325es
2012 Ford Edge Sport
Starter986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:29 AM   #3
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Hey Boss...

You might find your answer in this thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/850808-arctic-silver-wrap-2.html

And I STILL haven't found that emblem I promised you. When I do... it'll go in the mail.
aw you're a good man, Starter!!

you wanna see why I need it?
Check this.... hahaha

https://youtu.be/PDForwCdN_c
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:56 AM   #4
1998 Boxster Silver/Red
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 92262
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
aw you're a good man, Starter!!

you wanna see why I need it?
Check this.... hahaha

https://youtu.be/PDForwCdN_c
Nice 'wait for it' vid!

Wow. Good thing you weren't on a curve. Any damage other than paint? Which hood pins are you going to install? Which brand of oil were you running, and why?
__________________
1998 Porsche Boxster
1986 BMW 325es
2012 Ford Edge Sport
Starter986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:32 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: West Coast
Posts: 35


Knew it was coming, couldn't stop watching. Glad it wasn't worse!

Just to memorialize this, I stopped by my local graphics shop yesterday and they pulled out their sample of the Avery Silver Metallic SW-900-803M and compared it to my stock paint (1999 Boxster, Arctic Silver Metallic). Really, really close if not spot-on. If you're trying to match something, it's a good place to start.
morbidelli17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:04 PM   #6
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Nice 'wait for it' vid!

Wow. Good thing you weren't on a curve. Any damage other than paint? Which hood pins are you going to install? Which brand of oil were you running, and why?
destroyed the windshield. And now the hood looks like this.
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:14 AM   #7
1998 Boxster Silver/Red
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: 92262
Posts: 2,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by maytag View Post
destroyed the windshield. And now the hood looks like this.
The wrinkles add character.

Be safe.
__________________
1998 Porsche Boxster
1986 BMW 325es
2012 Ford Edge Sport
Starter986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:02 AM   #8
Motorist & Coffee Drinker
 
78F350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,913
Garage
At least the old frunk lid will look good hanging on a garage wall.
__________________
I am not an attorney, mechanic, or member of the clergy. Following any advice given in my posts is done at your own peril.
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:11 AM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,834
Wow, nicely modulated, controlled response on your part—only a slight arm movement. When that thing came flying up, I think I'd have ducked at least a little!

There's a local road course track in this area that has an overpass for the access road. It's on one of the two straights, and it's pretty low, not a whole lot of clearance above the car when you drive under it. Every time I've ever driven that track I always duck—just a little—when I go under it. It's an ingrained reflex.
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:10 PM   #10
Pathological Tinkerer
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Utah
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
The wrinkles add character.

Be safe.

Also more front downforce..
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:27 PM   #11
Who's askin'?
 
maytag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
Wow, nicely modulated, controlled response on your part—only a slight arm movement. When that thing came flying up, I think I'd have ducked at least a little!



There's a local road course track in this area that has an overpass for the access road. It's on one of the two straights, and it's pretty low, not a whole lot of clearance above the car when you drive under it. Every time I've ever driven that track I always duck—just a little—when I go under it. It's an ingrained reflex.
Thanks frodo!
I was impressed I didn't say any bad words! Haha

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

maytag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page