View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 01:17 PM   #38
maytag
Who's askin'?

I don't know why I engage in these topics. Inevitably, we end up in the same place.

Lobbing verbal, hyperbole "grenades" at each other will never change someone's mind. It's like we're hoping somebody is keeping score of all the "internet-forum-wins", and that the winner will then be awarded an ACTUAL win in global politics.

Hopefully we FINALLY get to the point in these engagements where we get to the roots (as opposed to the leaves) and then we go for the jugular.

In this case, that "root" is what does it mean to be free, and where does that freedom end? I always love it when somebody jumps on and says that their opinion is more valid (or they simply state it as if it's fact) because their own military service is somehow more meaningful or important, or their sacrifice more valuable than any others (especially those others who disagree with them).

And then piper jumps in and does his best jim-carey-of-the-internet impersonation, killing us all with his sheer POST COUNT.

Then there's me: dive- bombing from 40k' to spread a little kumbaya..... until I see something that pisses me off personally and I get into the weeds as bad as any, and worse than some.

I need to just avoid these threads altogether. I'd rather be friends with all y'all, regardless of differences great or small.

So to remove any need for me to come back here, I'll just do this now:

-I'm wrong about everything.
-Cunnigula is right about freedom and where it ends.
-TSR should be a moderator because he shows common sense and restraint.
-starter is exempt from wearing a mask 'cuz he's ornery.
-piper wins the internet by sheer "China- invades- the Vatican" post ratios.

If i missed anyone, it's cuz you've been far too conservative in voicing your opinion (in other words, in at least this thread: you're forgettable)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
maytag is offline   Reply With Quote