View Single Post
Old 04-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #12
KRAM36
Need For Speed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Radium King View Post
duralast - twice the price and an additional 40 lbs.

the deka is a very light race battery. not something for day to day driving unless minimum accessories and life on a battery tender. having said that, starts my triumph w inline 6, gear reduction starter and 10.5:1 compression like a champ with no trickle charge between starts. good unit and fraction of the price of the branded stuff.
My Boxster is my DD, even in the winter time. Had a couple of times over this last winter I had to hook up a battery charger to get the car started. No issues since it's now warmer weather. The Deka battery comes with a 1 year warranty, the Duralast has a 3 year warranty. I'm more concerned about starting the car in the winter time and warranty then I am in weight savings. I imagine the battery in my car right now weighs around the same as the Duralast battery. Yeah losing 40 lbs that's located high in the car would be nice, but not necessary for me, the price is cheaper, but at a cost in CCA and warranty.