View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #13
dghii

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomerlo View Post
I bought one similar of yours....(T10 fm transmitter). And I also installed an auxiliary input cable adapter on my 2002 base cdr-220 radio. I found out that the 1/8 audio jack on the side of these fm transmitter can also output music. So no need to use the Fm transmitter mode. Audio can go directly to the Aux in. May be yours can do the same ? Much better audio quality. I'm really happy with this setup.

Just sayin....
Nope. Not going to do anything to make music better. BT, by nature, has audio quality on par with Decent FM radio....Frequency response, stereo separation and signal to noise are all about the same. If you transmit via BT and use the above device to convert to an AUX input (again, not really an option for your car), the signal is not improved is just isn't being modulated to a spot on the FM band. Modulation will affect signal to noise and , to a lesser extent stereo separation but it won't make the music CD quality just because it is now on a wire.

First off, adding AUX in via cable is not a viable option for 2003 and 04 cars. What to do? Lots of great ideas already posted so it gets down to price point and how stealth you want the installation to be.

The devices that plug in the cigarette lighter work well and run $20 - $30 online.
The iSimple Tranzit Blu will hide behind your dash, with only one small button (the size of a quarter) needing to be accessible. The device runs $75-$80 online and works great. It intercepts the signal coming from your antenna and switches it to your BT source. Think of it this way, it uses your antenna cable as an Aux in.

Congrats on your car..looks like you got a nice one!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote