View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 12:41 PM   #5
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttmedical View Post
I was driving down the highway (2003 boxster, 986 facelift) and when I arrived at my destination, I went to get some things out of the rear trunk and noticed the seal gray trim of the spoiler was gone!

It appears the spoiler still goes up and down with the switch in the footwell but there's no painted, I guess you call it, "spoiler cap/top" (98650460902). I'm looking to order a new one but I have some questions regarding installation:

1) Judging from pictures online, the "cap" just as some built on clips to snap it onto the spoiler (98650461302). Does the cap/top simply snap onto the spoiler with no bolts or screws? - and - Is there a better way of securing the cap than just these brackets?

2) There is a rivet (99950749940) that appears in the exploded diagram of the relevant parts (http://www.********************************************.c om/porsche-parts/hardparts.php?dir=986-97-04&section=803-07) but I'm not sure if this is a required piece for attaching the painted "cap".

Thanks for any tips and/or answers!
The spoiler cap is held in place by three small plastic rivets.