View Single Post
Old 05-03-2017, 08:43 AM   #11
78F350
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by That986 View Post
Personally speaking unless this car was ridiculously cheap i'd have walked away.
As many would have wanted to walk away from yours after the first few days:
http://986forum.com/forums/515138-post1.html
Quote:
... It came fully stamped up and on initial inspection it seemed like a good honest car, it wasn't.

The first signs were after a week or so the temp light started flashing. I did the usual bleed and refill and that seemed to cure it but that was the start. I have an old friend called Kurt who runs Black Country Porsche and I booked the car in to him for the suspension looking at and to give it a proper look over but the week before it was to go there the water pump completely failed so it ended up on a lowloader all the way from London to the black country.

When Kurt gave it the once over the diagnosis wasn't good, it had a host of parts that needed changing including the oil filler pipe, throttle body cleaning, parts of the intake were leaking, the front coffin arms, both ends arb bushes, the list went on. But after a few quid and some elbow grease it was back and sporting OE 18" twists from a 996 after the 5 spokes were found to be reps and 2 were buckled badly. ...
But you seem quite proud of it now.

Any buyer of a 15+ year old sports car should expect to find a couple things to fix.