View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:28 PM   #13
jdlmodelt

Garage
Uhmmmm...i call bull**************** on the pink jelly remark. I put green stuff that was stated to be compatible with all coolants and it really was compatible with all coolants. no pink jelly....I use whatever synthetic is on sale when I go in for oil. I don't use 0W40 or 0W50. i use 5W or 10W and synthetic. I have been told that synthetic is more tolerant of high temperatures and breaks down at higher temperatures so its worth the expense when pushing the engine hard for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Also note that if you mix the Porsche coolant with many other coolants (yellow or green) it turns into pink jelly. Always do a thorough flush if you are not certain.

Oil? I just use what ever is on sale that week. Here's a post on Rennlist that has a list of 100+ oils you can use:
New (2015) list of Porsche approved (a40) oils - and a strange change ... - Rennlist Discussion Forums

I'm seriously considering this for my next change. If it's good enough for my 1986 Ford diesel, it should be fine for my '99 Porsche. Right?

Here's a good read:
http://986forum.com/forums/performance-technical-chat/56373-yet-another-oil-thread-%2Acaution%2A-science-content.html
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote