View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 05:59 AM   #7
Allen K. Littlefield

One caveat -- and they clearly note this on their site, for some reason touch-up on silver cars (my Boxster is Artic Silver) -- is particularly difficult. But I tried it on my car anyway. Less pleased with the results (as they predicted). But on my wife's dark blue Mercedes, it did a fantastic job. If you have a dark car -- or anything non-silver for that matter -- it's really worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

I also have an Arctic Silver car. I was told that when the paint is sprayed on, the little metallic chips align themselves near the surface in an even pattern. This is hard to duplicate or match. Even the touch up metallic silver paint doesn't have the chips line up to match the sprayed on original. If you look at a touch up you will see that it reflects light differently depending on the angle you are looking at it. All metallic paints suffer from this 'problem' whereas the solid non metallic are more easily matched, hence the success with the white paint.

AKL
'02, Arctic Silver/Graphite Gray, 2.7, TIP, 2nd cat delete, Charlie Chan muffler,de-ambered, Braille Battery, clear tailights, painted bumperettes, clear third brake light, M030 sway bars, F shock tower braces, clear rear deck, '03 side vents. 15mm spacers fore & aft.
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote