View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #20
Allen K. Littlefield

[QUOTE=TimAustinW]Hey Guys,

Have some pics of the mods I've been doing to my Boxster. Nearly all cosmetic. <<<

Nice work Tim and I admire your courage to take on upholstery work.

Do change the headlights to clear as it does make a great difference (IMHO)

I like the paint work inside on the console and maybe someday I will do the same.

I have the same wheels you do and I believe they were only made for the year '01 so they are fairly scarce. I do NOT care for the turbo twist/technology type wheels and would have changed them before I did another thing. I still may get a set of the '02 Carrera Light weight 5 spoke wheels as I like them best of all.

I am in the process of replacing my side vent covers with the '03/'04 4 vane models and will be painting them Arctic Silver with a spray can then clear coat. I bought them from LA dismantlers and had to do a bit of 'repair' work on them as it looks like someone tried to first remove them with a screw driver pry but then gave up and did it the right way. I will post pics when I get this done.

The Boxster on your door handle is OK but does nothing for me personally but it is not the worst mod I have ever seen. Overall nice job and keep us posted on your progress.

AKL
Allen K. Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote