Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Off Topic > Site Assistance or feedback here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2016, 01:35 PM   #1

Garage
Why is moderator approval needed to update my own damned thread?

Seriously. I'm trying to update my build thread and my third attempt has failed. It says: "Your post will be published when it has moderator approval."

If this crap will happen on every post, I need to just go find another forum....

mattluttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 01:55 PM   #2

I've never seen that before, once you get a few posts it will.probably solve. Keep.posting, we want to read your thread!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 06:26 PM   #3

Glad to hear the moderators are being more cautious....we have had far too much SPAM, hopefully this will keep it down. It's really not a big deal to have to get a few posts in before mod leaves you alone.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:38 PM   #4

Garage
I'm curious if this reply will stick. I typed a very long 60,000 maintenance report three times and included pictures. Did a lot of work today. We'll see if an admin can check in.

I was able to post a new thread about wheels strange enough...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2017, 06:06 AM   #5

Garage
Something I have done quite a few times is to review a post and then forget to post it. The review makes it look like its already posted.

Maybe I'm the only one dumb enough to do this. :-)
2009 Mercedes Benz CLK 350 convertible
1941 Dodge Luxury Liner Coupe
Anker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:12 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
Something I have done quite a few times is to review a post and then forget to post it. The review makes it look like its already posted.

Maybe I'm the only one dumb enough to do this. :-)
Lol. I've done that before. This time I tried Tapatalk and my computer. I was getting the moderator needed message. For some reason I can update my thread now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2017, 12:49 PM   #7

Back to the OP, just message them by using contact. They are pretty quick to respond and most likely be posted before the end of the day.
1987 325IS (Soon to be Spec E30 racecar)
2001 GSXR-600 (Almost warm outside!)
WorkInProgressK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:57 AM   #8
Administrator

If anyone has any issues like this in the future please feel free to shoot me a PM.
Luccia at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattluttrell View Post
Seriously. I'm trying to update my build thread and my third attempt has failed. It says: "Your post will be published when it has moderator approval."

If this crap will happen on every post, I need to just go find another forum....
I agree. I tried to post an update on my Quickjack purchase with a link to a pic on my personal pBase account several hours ago, received the same message and it is still not posted. Never had this problem with my DR650 forum, my Jaquar forum, my BMW R1100s forum, my Ford Explo forum or my Audi forum.

So, I guess you guys have a closed clique that is not interested in my input. Good luck with that. Enjoy your group think mentality.

With my regrets, Fred
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luccia at Pelican Parts View Post
If anyone has any issues like this in the future please feel free to shoot me a PM.
I just sent you a PM. I have the same problem. I'm not going to invest my time with this forum if you are going to shut me out for trying to post an on topic pic link to my personal pBase account. Not a very good welcome for a new member.
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Old 03-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giller View Post
Glad to hear the moderators are being more cautious....we have had far too much SPAM, hopefully this will keep it down. It's really not a big deal to have to get a few posts in before mod leaves you alone.
What a welcome to new members. I feel really welcome here (not). Good luck with your forum. I'll have to be content with taking away info without contributing due to your 'closed door' mentality. Everyone is the enemy until proven innocent, right?
Old 03-19-2017, 12:06 AM   #12
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcarguy View Post
I agree. I tried to post an update on my Quickjack purchase with a link to a pic on my personal pBase account several hours ago, received the same message and it is still not posted. Never had this problem with my DR650 forum, my Jaquar forum, my BMW R1100s forum, my Ford Explo forum or my Audi forum.

So, I guess you guys have a closed clique that is not interested in my input. Good luck with that. Enjoy your group think mentality.

With my regrets, Fred
Quote:
I just sent you a PM. I have the same problem. I'm not going to invest my time with this forum if you are going to shut me out for trying to post an on topic pic link to my personal pBase account. Not a very good welcome for a new member.
Quote:
What a welcome to new members. I feel really welcome here (not). Good luck with your forum. I'll have to be content with taking away info without contributing due to your 'closed door' mentality. Everyone is the enemy until proven innocent, right?
Holy crap, dude

You might try a direct upload or using a more common hosting site, like photobucket. That, or wait for a moderator response. No need to be so dramatic.

Last edited by particlewave; 03-19-2017 at 01:20 AM.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Holy crap, dude, You might try a direct upload or using a more common hosting site, like photobucket. That, or wait for a moderator response. No need to be so dramatic.
Hi Particale wave, thanks for your response (really!). A more common hosting site? Really? There is no more mainstream or common photo hosting site than pBase. Google it. It's been in existence since 1999. I've been using it to chronicle and share my wife's and my expatriation adventures since 2004. It is one of the premiere sites for photographers to post and share their work.

I'll try the direct upload as you recommend. I'm just trying to give something back to the 986 community rather than just take advantage of all the great information on this site. FYI, I'm at 20+ posts and I still do not have a response from my PMs to the moderators.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #14

Testing direct photo upload as recommended by particlewave:

Old 03-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Testing direct photo upload as recommended by particlewave:
Thanks PW, it worked! I appreciate your help.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #16
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry for the delay in your post being approved. When you post something on our forum that includes a link and are a new user, it will get put into moderation as it is flagged as potential spam. I am not working over the weekend, therefore it wasn't approved until I came into the office today. I have approved it and you should see it in your thread now. If you have any questions or issues in the future please don't hesitate to reach out.
Luccia at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luccia at Pelican Parts View Post
Sorry for the delay in your post being approved. When you post something on our forum that includes a link and are a new user, it will get put into moderation as it is flagged as potential spam. I am not working over the weekend, therefore it wasn't approved until I came into the office today. I have approved it and you should see it in your thread now. If you have any questions or issues in the future please don't hesitate to reach out.
Great news, thanks Luccia!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:05 PM   #18
Custom User Title Here

Garage
If you'd seen the spam problem we were having a few months back, you'd understand.

We were seriously buried in spam posts every single day. It was a nightmare.
Glad you got it sorted out! Hopefully you'll be cleared for good, soon. This really is a great site.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
If you'd seen the spam problem we were having a few months back, you'd understand.

We were seriously buried in spam posts every single day. It was a nightmare.
Glad you got it sorted out! Hopefully you'll be cleared for good, soon. This really is a great site.
Thanks, PW. I hear ya. It's bad enough having to wade through the spam in our personal email everyday (even with filters in place).
Old 05-29-2017, 06:22 AM   #20

Anyway to get his sorted - I've PM'd one of the mods I think last week and no replay. Several posts waiting approval and don't know whether to do them again or wait.

I use photobucket for the images as its easier for copy threads between forums.

How many posts needed before this awaiting mod stuff disappears??

2003 Boxster S, Seal Grey
Traco is offline   Reply With Quote