Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #1

Boxster from Holland

Hi there,

My name is Peter,I live near Rotterdam and last week we (my girlfriend and I) bought our first Porsche.It will only be used in the weekends when it is not raining (so it will not be driven a lot,looking at the average weather in Holland)

After reading a lot about this type of car,we finally decided to buy a 1999 Boxster with the 2.7 litre engine, as that seems to be one of the easier cars to maintain within the Porsche family. The car is finished in Porsche Racing Green and it has the OEM Porsche 18 inch wheels with polished rim. Already spent a few evenings,restoring 2 of the rims,as they were heavily corroded.Fortunately,they look fine now. My first mod was removing the snorkle and I put in another air filter.The car now sounds great at high revs

I also have a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III with 280 bhp and that car obviously is quicker and the steering is more direct...nevertheless,I absolutely prefer driving the Porsche,as everyting seems to be right about that car!

Hope to learn and have fun here

Last edited by Pete2.7; 12-17-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Pete2.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #2

And another pic.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #3
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Welcome Pete!

Nice looking car! I like the color. The back up sensors are a rarely seen option on US cars. I also like the hardtop and painted center console.

Interesting that the 2.7 was first available in the US in 2000. I guess we are running a year behind on the latest offerings.

Did you have a large choice of cars in Holland to choose from? Beautiful country. I worked previously for a company based in Boxmeer.
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
Certified Boxster Addict

Very nice! Too bad you can't drive it everyday.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #5
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddb View Post
Nice looking car! I like the color. The back up sensors are a rarely seen option on US cars. I also like the hardtop and painted center console.

Interesting that the 2.7 was first available in the US in 2000. I guess we are running a year behind on the latest offerings.

Did you have a large choice of cars in Holland to choose from? Beautiful country. I worked previously for a company based in Boxmeer.
Our model year starts 3/4 of the way through the previous year. Europe doesn't do that so a car called a 2000 here is a 1999 in Europe.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #6
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete2.7 View Post
Hi there,

My name is Peter,I live near Rotterdam and last week we (my girlfriend and I) bought our first Porsche.It will only be used in the weekends when it is not raining (so it will not be driven a lot,looking at the average weather in Holland)

After reading a lot about this type of car,we finally decided to buy a 1999 Boxster with the 2.7 litre engine, as that seems to be one of the easier cars to maintain within the Porsche family. The car is finished in Porsche Racing Green and it has the OEM Porsche 18 inch wheels with polished rim. Already spent a few evenings,restoring 2 of the rims,as they were heavily corroded.Fortunately,they look fine now. My first mod was removing the snorkle and I put in another air filter.The car now sounds great at high revs

I also have a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III with 280 bhp and that car obviously is quicker and the steering is more direct...nevertheless,I absolutely prefer driving the Porsche,as everyting seems to be right about that car!

Hope to learn and have fun here

Very nice color combination.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #7

I appreciate this warm welcome!

Almost every Boxster for sale in Holland,is imported from Germany and has a German first private owner. My car was first delivered to a German lady by a Porsche dealer in StuttgartThen it went to Belgium in 2008 and I bought it from a guy living in Schiedam around 10 minutes from where I live. To be honest,this color would not have been my first choice,but after I saw the car "live" i immediately liked it.

Most of the early Boxsters are 2.5 litre versions that are prone to engine-damage as we all know.My car is a late 1999 and officialy,the 2.7 engines were delivered from MY2000 on. One of the former owners replaced the softtop with an aftermarket version with a rigid rear window.I bought the hardtop seperately and I was planning to have it painted in Porsche Racing Green.The black metallic color does look OK,but I think it will even be nicer in green. I would prefer the center console to be in black leather,so i anyone is in for a trade,just let me know
Old 12-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #8

I also have a Aprilia Motorbike,but it is up for sale,because of a lack of space in my storage since the Porsche is inside. The only drive this bike gets,is in and out of the garage when I take the Porsche for a ride In the background you can see the Lancer that is now sleeping outside....

Last edited by Pete2.7; 12-18-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #9

Welcome Pete, and that is indeed a nice and rare color. Beautiful car, but do all of the European spec rear parking sensors come that large or noticeable?
06 Maserati Quattroporte (Family hauler)
08 Corvette Z06 (Track car)
986_c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 11:59 PM   #10

The parking-sensors were optional in 1999.They are quite large,but this is how they did it in 1999 :-)
Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #11

Garage
Welcome to the site and to the Boxster Owners club Pete. :-)

Groeten vanuit Asperen!

2001 Boxster S - 997 GT3 bodykit, Techart Wheels, Air Suspension, 2DIN stereo-GPS-Bluetooth-Reverse numberplate camera, rear speakers, Park assist, PSM, Litronic, Porsche Crests in the headrests, Rebuilt engine-IMS upgrade,Eurocup Boxster matched tube manifolds-twin high-flow cats- twin high flow rear silencers, Short-shift kit.

1999 Boxster - Xenon dip, Main and fog, Park assist, stereo-GPS-Bluetooth, rear speakers, sub-woofer
fooksm is offline   Reply With Quote