Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 06:59 PM   #21

late reply

Hey Sparkler,

Sorry for the very late reply, I haven't received any notification of your posting unless it just went to spam or junk mail. Anyhow, I got my order shortly after purchasing it. No issues; however, if you aren't getting prompt service from them go on Ebay, there are plenty of other people willing to earn your business.

trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:48 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparker
trieullionaire - just wondering how you found the service at hyperledz.com? I ordred a set of these door strips from them about 4 weeks ago and have not seen them, or even had an email reply from them....

It was only $20, so its not a massive deal, but I was looking forward to installing these on my boxster!

Anyone else dealt with them at all?

Sam
Hey Sam, I ordered a set about a week ago, and have not heard from them at all either.

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #23

trieullionaire Nice upgrades!
Lights on the door handle are cool... does the momo steering wheel have an airbag?
Are those carbon fibre air ducts? where can I purchase a set?

Dan
- 19x8.5 front PS2 235/35/19, 19x10.5 rear PS2 275/30/19
- Kenwood HD6990 Navi, Voce speakers, 8" sub and Hertz amp
yoyo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #24

Hey Guys

chaudanova - You may want to contact them again...poor customer service when you're kept in the dark like that. Hope you get your lights though, they are pretty awesome when it's wired up right.

yoyo7 - thanks for the compliment. got rid of the momo wheel, going back to my original wheel and airbag. Side intakes are carbon fiber. I think DirectCarToys.com has a set of the carbon fiber intakes.

Actually I'm in the middle of revamping the interior. Dash and seats are going to be redyed to a light creme white color (possibly two tone). The dash strips, inner sills are painted in red. And the center console, batwing and instrument surround will be done in exterior biarritz white. The grey floors have been redyed to black. Hopefully, once I get the dye and finish my dash and seats, I can have my car put back together in the next few weeks. Pictures to follow.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #25

Did you disable the airbag?
Old 10-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #26

Yes

Yeah, I disabled it. I just don't like surprises like a bag blowing up in my face...although I don't know what it would take to make it blow.

--Thought you were referring to when I installed the door lights...yes to that.

Steering wheel coming back and air bag will require a mini visit to the dealership.

Last edited by trieullionaire; 10-09-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:53 PM   #27

Anyone have used VHT Night Shade?

I thought I would give my car a bit more tint on the taillights and side markers. I bought the spray tint. Tried to do a really nice light coat but it doesn't seem to apply very evenly, so I had to put it on quite a few layers.

I got a nice polish after having it buffed, but it for some reason doesn't really suit my taste. Anyhow, I winded up sanding all of it off and rebuffing the lens to original again. Anyhow, anyone done a tint that looks good, can I see some pics?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:55 PM   #28

Did you guys receive yours set? I still haven't gotten mine. I've emailed them asking about my order, and still no response...

Some stuff for sale: M030 S 24mm front sway bar, M030 base 19.6mm rear sway bar, 996 GT3 OEM Porsche Motorsport front strut mounts monoball "camber plates"

WTB: looking for some 5-7mm spacers with extended bolts
chaudanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #29

Underside of door handle

Hi I've received quite a few emails on how the ledz were mounted under the door. It is mounted on the flat underside of the door handle, lights shining down. I drilled a very small hole enough for the wire to poke through.

I drilled up instead of the side, as I felt it was the better choice against rain and all...although, the hole really is too small especially with the wires fed through to really be any issue at all.

Anyhow, here are a couple pics to see the underside and also what I did with the door panels removed.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:10 PM   #30

Here is my mess...in the works!

Just a couple of things I had painted. The inner sills scuffs pretty easily, so it is now powder coated in red. All of my trims and center consoles are now in Biarritz white and my flooring was redyed to black.

I just got my dye kit from Color Plus today and spent a good portion of the night cleaning my grey seats as a prep to redying it. . Will be dying it to a cream white a couple tones darker than the Biarritz. Anyhow, should be a beauty when I'm finished. Here is a preview of things to come!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM   #31

i know this is a novice electrical question - but.....once I get my door apart and locate the wires for the door light...

which wires do I tap into to power the LED, and what kind of connectors/splice do you recommend for this? i want to make sure if I do this - that it's some kind of connection/splice that will not come loose...so I never have to open thedoor up again..

your upgrades look nice! i don't think i've seen those lower plates next to the door sills painted before. looks neat.
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:00 AM   #32

Electrical

I don't know the proper terms so correct me if I am poorly misusing some of the terminology...but hopefully my explanation will still make sense. With LEDs, unlike other types of bulbs, they are unidirectional. You will need to match the positive wire of your door light to the positive wire of your leds. It's pretty easy to find out if you don't have it wired the proper way, as it will not turn on.

As for tapping the wires, go to Pep Boys, Radio Shack or even Lowes...they should have some connectors so you don't have to splice and use electrical tape. I winded up just using some wire taps lying around...works fine but a bit bulky.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #33

95% Put Back Together

Hey guys just a sneak peak at the finish product. Looks pretty amazing up close, although I have to do a couple more small touches to complete the job. Very small touches but it's all about the details.

I was suppose to dye the seats creme white as well but I ran out of the leather colorant. So I decided that that I am going to shop for black leather seats instead as I like the variation and contrast it gives off. The seat covers are going to be temporarily used until I find a good pair of seats to replace it with.

That is the 03-04 surround, vent & single slot cup holder on a 2000 Boxster by the way. The conversion was pretty straight forward, except that you have to modify the rear of the vent enough to fit it inside the shaft of the blower. Pretty simple.

The 997 shifter is installed, Wow. I love that it feels much tighter and smooth. It feels like a brand new car.

Got the Stebro exhaust in as well, it sounds pretty awesome going through tunnels and bridges but now I know "WTR" what the resonance everyones been talking about on the aftermarket exhausts...other than that, it's great. I did manage to reduce the amount of resonance by giving less gas needed to maintain speeds at the 2-3k rpm, so for the new grunt my car makes I think it's a fair trade off. Thanks Ddb for the great buy.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #34
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Wow!

trieullionaire,

That is some transformation! I like it! You have a lot of skill and patience! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures when you get the small details sorted.

Glad to hear you have the muffler installed, and are able to experience for yourself the resonance that I and others speak about. It is a fair trade-off, at least for awhile!

Keep up the good work!

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #35

Garage
Great work Trieu!

It does not even look like the same car! I can see you have put a lot of thought time and effort into your interior, I like the red touches too!

Last edited by Christian H; 11-02-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Christian H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #36

Put Back Together

Okay, here are some pics of the car - not completely done...but it may take a while before I get to the other goodies:

Old 11-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #37

Stebro Exhaust

Here is the Stebro exhaust I bought from ddb. This is 1 of 2 videos I am uploading to my shuttefly site as we speak. It's no Lamborghini but definitely a step up from stock...and for the price, I guess I should be happy as a lark. One day, I will figure out a noise cancellation technology to cure that resonance issue...or maybe someone from Bose will, who knows.

This video was done about 2 foot away from the exhaust. I have another video coming shortly which is done really close you can see the lens get smoked up whenever I rev.

Stebro Exhaust
Old 11-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #38

Stebro Exhaust Upclose

http://trieullionaire.shutterfly.com/47

FYI - You may want to pause it for a minute so that the video gets loaded up if you have limited bandwidth...otherwise the video gets kinda choppy.

Last edited by trieullionaire; 11-26-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:08 PM   #39

Led

Hey guys, I found another site that carries the LEDs for the doors. This site actually resells their products in my local area, so I don't think anyone will have problems getting leds from them:

http://www.streetglow.com/SGLST3WH?sc=2&category=5616
Old 12-03-2009, 05:16 AM   #40

Very nice, trieullionaire! You relight my modding fire!

How are you finding the leather dye? It is durable? Does it peel? And is it soft enough to use on seats and not crack when you sit on it? What brand dye is it?

--2007 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT
Jinster is offline   Reply With Quote