Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Show and Tell Gallery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 08:50 PM   #1

Meet Sybil

Ok, it's a rather odd name for her but years ago (showing my age now) there was a movie about a girl with multiple personalities. As soon as I got her it didn't matter what your wearing, where your going, how your driving, she fits the bill in any setting. It's kind of a fluke how I got her, it's actually my wifes fault. I always loved the lines of the boxster and one day we were out having an afternoon together and decided to go take a look at the Porsche dealer. After test driving one for the first time I knew that I wanted one but the timing just wasn't right. After explaining that I didn't have the time at that point in my life to take care of a car like that we left his office and ran into a friend on the lot. After about 5 minutes the salesman came running out and said "I have to show you this before you leave". My wife had seen this car come in while I was test driving. Salesman Tony says this just came in and nobody knows it's here yet and I can make you a really good deal. Well my wife always had the vehicle she liked and I had been driving the gas saving economy car for some years and she says we are buying that for you. So, meet Sybil. Everything on her is factory, if I had to replace her, I don't think I could afford to. I am not quite sure why the original buyer spent so much money on options, but the options list ran the original price up almost double the base price.
I don't know how many photos I can odd to one post so I'll put some of the interior in the next post.

SoCalKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #2

some interior shots

3 shots, the 3 spoke wheel, center console, and when they say full leather, they mean full leather, even the vent louvers are wraped in leather. All the trim is done in burle wood, there is'nt much light right now so the photos are not that great. I was looking at some other peoples rides and got motivated to post some of Sybil, so maybe I'll get some better ones in the day light.
I was reading another post about someone wanting to get a realistic value for a Boxster and there was a post to decode the options listed under the hood, I have about 40 different codes but very few of them decode.
BTW, the rag tops blue, and the seat belts are red.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:04 AM   #3

Very sweet ride.

Nice.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #4

Beautiful car Ken, and nicely optioned !

( BTW - I grew up not far from you, in El Cajon )

Congrats...

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 07:37 AM   #5
bmussatti

Always a great color combo!
Old 06-03-2008, 02:45 PM   #6

Thanks,
It wasn't but a few years back that the all the best mx riders in the world were all from El Cajon. Now you get the best steaks ever. I used to design packaging equipment and automation equipment. the largest packaging show in the US is in Chicago every other year. That is such a great city to go to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
Beautiful car Ken, and nicely optioned !

( BTW - I grew up not far from you, in El Cajon )

Congrats...

Nick